• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Streaming music to Cambridge CXA60

TomMcNally

New member
Jan 7, 2017
1
0
0
Hey there,
I'm currently using a Cambridge CXA60 and Monitor Audio floorstanders as my setup. For a while I've been using Bluetooth to stream my music (when not listening to LPs) from Tidal HIFI by using the Cambridge Audio BT100. Although the Google Chromecast has caught my attention, due to its wireless streaming as apposed to compressed Bluetooth. I use a Google Pixel which I believe doesn't have aptX Bluetooth meaning I'm not getting that great sound. What would be a better quality way of streaming my music (with a reasonable price tag).

Thanks for your help:)
 

LongliveCD

New member
Oct 24, 2016
1
0
0
I am using a chromecast video and I guess that chromecast audio works in a same way. I recomend it as a basic streaming option. You can control it from your mobile phone and stream spotify. As you said the main difference with bluetooth is that there is a direct conexion between spotify and the amplifying device while the phone just selects what to stream. However not sure about tidal and chromecast compatibility.

On the other hand ethernet conexion should provide higher quality than wifi, so a dedicated streamer can be a further improvement and you can take advantage of usb port and a better dac.
 

insider9

Well-known member
Sep 20, 2016
740
301
5,270
My understanding is that CCA doesn't support gapless streaming of Tidal HiFi. I know not everyone's priority. Hope I'm wrong about it.

Either way, if wifi reception in your house is acceptable then CCA would be the cheapest and likely best value streamer.
 

muljao

New member
Jul 18, 2016
154
0
0
Yip CCA would be a good option. You could plug it in to optical on your cxa60 for best results I'd imagine. You can also use a third party app such as bubbleupnp to send music from computer, Nas etc to your amp as well as tune in radio.A very good option for the cost.
 

insider9

Well-known member
Sep 20, 2016
740
301
5,270
muljao said:
Yip CCA would be a good option. You could plug it in to optical on your cxa60 for best results I'd imagine. You can also use a third party app such as bubbleupnp to send music from computer, Nas etc to your amp as well as tune in radio.A very good option for the cost.
Don't suppose, you know about gapless playback on CCA with Tidal?
 

muljao

New member
Jul 18, 2016
154
0
0
Sorry, no idea about tidal. I know in spotify there is a kind of forum where you can suggest updates, maybe tidal has something like that.
 

insider9

Well-known member
Sep 20, 2016
740
301
5,270
muljao said:
Sorry, no idea about tidal. I know in spotify there is a kind of forum where you can suggest updates, maybe tidal has something like that.
Ok, thanks. I've only got a free trial yesterday so still undecided. Sound quality is great but don't know about size of library. Shame that Yamaha doesn't support it like the Raumfeld ;)
 

muljao

New member
Jul 18, 2016
154
0
0
insider9 said:
muljao said:
Sorry, no idea about tidal. I know in spotify there is a kind of forum where you can suggest updates, maybe tidal has something like that.
Ok, thanks. I've only got a free trial yesterday so still undecided. Sound quality is great but don't know about size of library. Shame that Yamaha doesn't support it like the Raumfeld ;)
Just a quick look, I don't think hapless is a CCA issue, more a tidal thing

https://support.tidal.com/hc/en-us/articles/202694511-Gapless-Playback

You could squeeze a Raumfeld into that system of yours ;) I'd say Yamaha will firmware update this at some stage
 

insider9

Well-known member
Sep 20, 2016
740
301
5,270
muljao said:
insider9 said:
muljao said:
Sorry, no idea about tidal. I know in spotify there is a kind of forum where you can suggest updates, maybe tidal has something like that.
Ok, thanks. I've only got a free trial yesterday so still undecided. Sound quality is great but don't know about size of library. Shame that Yamaha doesn't support it like the Raumfeld ;)
Just a quick look, I don't think hapless is a CCA issue, more a tidal thing

https://support.tidal.com/hc/en-us/articles/202694511-Gapless-Playback

You could squeeze a Raumfeld into that system of yours ;) I'd say Yamaha will firmware update this at some stage
I'd certainly hope so as it's almost perfect for my use. And yes, it might be Tidal thing as it doesn't even stream gapless on my pc. Might need fibre optic to change that.

To OP, sorry got hijacking your thread. Here's another option we discussed, Raumfeld Connector.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts