Streaming high def / standard def video on PS3 to HDTV

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Guys

Does anyone have much experience with this? After recently starting to stream music and photos from my PC to PS3 and then to HDTV I'm really keen to do this with home movies I make. This sounds ideal i.e. store on a 250GB drive in my study and send over the network.

I was concerned my wireless network even 54 mbit / second wouldn't be quick enough for this. I've seen a develo 200mbit/second electrical network adapter which sounds good, has anyone got this or used it to stream HD video.

Cheers

Matt

A

Anonymous

I have downloaded the WMV HD content to my PC to try to play it on my PS3, I have not been able to play it. Im pretty sure the most recent update included wmv playback. As for speeds, the PS3 has gigabit LAN over wired connection and 802.11g is the best wireless it can do. I have a N1 wireless network, and gigabit wired, and works fine for audio.

Northutsire

Jan 6, 2008
Visit site
I have a couple of Devolo 200 AVdesk adapters (they're the desktop version - cheaper than the plug version). They work very well and are extremely easy to set up.

I don't have experience of using them to stream HD, unfortunately. The utility than comes with them reports up and downstream rates of 170Mbps. I'm not sure I believe that, but they comfortably provide much higher bandwidth than that available to g or n versions of WiFi.

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
I use Netgear Powerline HD adaptors. I've been experimenting with video over the network from my desktop. Standard low resolution plays fine with sound. Struggling to get WMV-HD to play with sound. Keeps telling me that there is no sound attached. Going to keep trying and I'll feedback my experiences...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts