streaming freeview to tv

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
The choice of freeview channels that I get from my tv are pretty dire, and after looking at the freeview website they're the only channels I can get. I usedd to have a dlink boxee box that has just given up on me, and as they have discontinued the product there is no point getting another. On the boxee box I was able to stream tvcatchup which was great as it gave me choice of all the freeview channels availiable. Are there any other internet based boxes that I can stream tvcatchup or any otherway of getting all the freeview channels to stream to my tv? For now I'm using my macbook and hooking it upto my tv through hdmi, but I don't always want to use that as a means of watching the tele in my living room.

I also apologise if this is the wrong forum to post this in but to me it seed to fit well

thank you for anyone who helps me

also I forgot to add that I live in staff accomadation, so unable to get a satellite dish up, and I have no fibre optic in the area. My only means is interweb. Thanks

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
I'm assuming you can't get all the standard Freeview channels via an aerial into the TV? In that case, have you considred a YouView box that will give you catch-up TV via the internet? The one we've tested is the Humax DTR-T1000 which is available from £250.

OK, you'd still have a limited selection of free-to-air Freeview channels for live TV, but at least you'd be able to stream the rest over the catch-up TV services via the web. But it does require an ethernet connection to your router (not wi-fi).

A

Anonymous

yeah just can't actually get the channels, nothing to do with the signal or anything. I have had a look at the youviewboxes, BT arengiving them away with contracts. But I wouldn't be able to pick up any extra chnnels. Only the on demand, I think. My router is in my lounge anyway so jts only akength od ethernet away.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts