Streamer transport to pair with Primaluna Evo 100 Dac

Roby

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Hello
I had a Moon 280D for about 2 weeks dac was good but didn't like the mind software...
So decided to try a PL dac, an yes much better now my question is to witch streamer transport would you pair it?
I was first thinking Aurender N100H or even N150 the dealer says it doesn't match well something with the first note an gapless play back
So the other options I'm thinking about are
Auralic Aries G1
or
LUMIN U2 MINI
Dont really now what to chose or whats best, I know it's subjective
But what did PL dac users (or others) chooses here ? I will look in to all suggestions

mrob

Mar 7, 2023
Visit site
Just to help you ruling it out, I have a bluesound Node (the new one, N130 I think) and... I have tons of problems with it, mostly around keeping it visible on the network.
There's something wrong as it is the only HW I have behaving like that, but since you're looking for streaming transport (you can bypass internal DAC on that one), it could come up in the budget options...
So, for me, it is a 'stay clear' from BlueOS. It is also pretty slow to load up songs, and somehow, favorites in BlueOS don't sync with Tidal favorites...
So, I am stuck with this for now, but I would not recommend any BlueOS devices for now.

Reactions: WayneKerr

Noddy

Mar 16, 2023
www.EnglishFungi.org
If all you want is a streamer, take a look at the Wiim Mini. The money you save can be spent on cables. :LOL: Seriously though, it works extremely well if you want to stream the likes of Spotify, or via Airplay. It is so small you can hide it away behind the expensive stuff. There is also a new NAD streamer for roughly £300, it probably uses Bluos though.

I tried the Powernode Edge, and I thought the Bluos software was excellent, but I only had it for a day.

mrob

Mar 7, 2023
Visit site
If all you want is a streamer, take a look at the Wiim Mini...
The reason I went with a node was the USB out to another/better DAC, so I could play 24/192 and DSD files from LAN as well as stream from Tidal (eventually Qobuz) with a single solution. This one seemed a good all in one...

Looking back, I think I should have ditched this and go with wiim too!

Mrob

Reactions: Noddy

Noddy

Mar 16, 2023
www.EnglishFungi.org
The reason I went with a node was the USB out to another/better DAC, so I could play 24/192 and DSD files from LAN as well as stream from Tidal (eventually Qobuz) with a single solution. This one seemed a good all in one...

Looking back, I think I should have ditched this and go with wiim too!

Mrob

It is supposed to be a good product. Have you investigated updating the firmware? I assume you have Googled to find fixes?

That said, I have an Apple Airport Express which I bought to use as an Airplay streamer many years ago. It won’t work on my wifi, when it connects, the wifi becomes unusable. Horrible product, it has always been so hard to use, and yet it’s Apple made.

mrob

Mar 7, 2023
Visit site
It is supposed to be a good product. Have you investigated updating the firmware? I assume you have Googled to find fixes?

Funny enough, right after posting this, Bluesound replied to my ticket, many users reported this issue after the last FW upgrade when using an external DAC. So there you have it. For now, I use its internal DAC, which is at best on the "okay" side of things, but will have to do for convenience.

Going back to OP: assuming this issue will get fixed, then the Node is a good choice if you have a mix of local hires music and streaming services (Qobuz, Tidal and many others). BlueOS is one of the ones with most streaming integrations and although not exactly fast, it is very convenient and is great at multiroom if you want to go there.

And now I can also state that their support is above average as I received quick answers and follow-ups.

Reactions: Noddy

Roby

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Just to help you ruling it out, I have a bluesound Node (the new one, N130 I think) and... I have tons of problems with it, mostly around keeping it visible on the network.
There's something wrong as it is the only HW I have behaving like that, but since you're looking for streaming transport (you can bypass internal DAC on that one), it could come up in the budget options...
So, for me, it is a 'stay clear' from BlueOS. It is also pretty slow to load up songs, and somehow, favorites in BlueOS don't sync with Tidal favorites...
So, I am stuck with this for now, but I would not recommend any BlueOS devices for now.
That’s a shame I’ve mine for 4years now never had a network issue
Don’t use tidal but qobuz but tried tidal for a few months don’t recal an issue
What connection do u use
I never used it on WiFi so mine is wired

Roby

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
To reply on the service moon support in Canada is crap they never answer
The import More Music have a great an friendly service an tech guy

what made me explore other days is that after 2 weeks of using the moon
1 didn’t like there software
2 using the node true the moon dac it’s sounds better than trough there own streamer mind (something my logic can’t understand as simaudio is bragging in every interview about the synergy between there products)

the thing is I’m convinced the 280d is a beautiful dac and I didn’t really give it a chance I read in a review it need at least 60hours break in
An I don’t need th streaming part of th device will not use it don’t like it
But they don’t sell it anymore separately otherwise it would be easier to chose
An than came the pl dac that I had for home demo already played in not the big Bouma bam difference
But there it was sit down an be able to listen for hours just enjoy tapping your feed without noticing
Wide open detailed with a nice firm low sweet guitar stil crisp an deep slightly warm voices

Last edited:

nads

Not had any issues with mine, find it all the time. Plays the music on my NAS streams from Spotify etc. just a shame it does not scrobble my music. Would I buy another BlueOS based product? Not had anything happen to put me off it. Just waiting on the BBC Sounds tie in in the next update.

mrob

Mar 7, 2023
Visit site
Not had any issues with mine, find it all the time. Plays the music on my NAS streams from Spotify etc. just a shame it does not scrobble my music. Would I buy another BlueOS based product? Not had anything happen to put me off it. Just waiting on the BBC Sounds tie in in the next update.
Like I said, the problem is with external DAC through USB. External DAC through anything else is fine (spidf/coaxial).
They are trying to fix this.

Roby

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Like I said, the problem is with external DAC through USB. External DAC through anything else is fine (spidf/coaxial).
They are trying to fix this.
Pl also have an issue with usb like I said something with timing an the first note of every track
Tech support don’t find it coax an optical works fine

Reactions: mrob

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts