Still have a real fondness for hd-dvd

sonycentre

May 30, 2009
Visit site
Hello,well i have a few day's off work to prepair for a busy weekend dj'ing.So after all the cleaning duties in the house.I decided to fire up my toshiba hd-dvd player and settle down to chill with a few movies.All i can say is wow watched the thing(1982 remake),anchorman,and out of sight(love that film) and it looked and sounded out of this world.I still think this format is still standing the test of time,ok so it might take a while to fire the beast up and take a little while for the disc to fire up but in the end you are rewarded with some stunning pictures and warm surround sound.Was just wondering does anyone else on hear still use and enjoy the hd-dvd format?.I done a test between 300 on hd-dvd and then blu ray.and it looked far better on hd-dvd.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Fighting talk for someone who works in a Sony Centre!
emotion-4.gif

A

Anonymous

Talk about sleeping with the enemy, but I still like to watch a few things every so often on my hd dvd player too. Kids had Harry potter on yesterday on hd dvd.

D

Deleted member 2457

sonycentre:Hello,well i have a few day's off work to prepair for a busy weekend dj'ing.So after all the cleaning duties in the house.I decided to fire up my toshiba hd-dvd player and settle down to chill with a few movies.All i can say is wow watched the thing(1982 remake),anchorman,and out of sight(love that film) and it looked and sounded out of this world.I still think this format is still standing the test of time,ok so it might take a while to fire the beast up and take a little while for the disc to fire up but in the end you are rewarded with some stunning pictures and warm surround sound.Was just wondering does anyone else on hear still use and enjoy the hd-dvd format?.I done a test between 300 on hd-dvd and then blu ray.and it looked far better on hd-dvd.

Great post
emotion-21.gif
my dad had a toshiba hd dvd ep30 (i think that code is right) got it brand from john lewis in clearance sale for £35.00 and were some of the best pictures i have seen on his pioneer. Sound too was good
emotion-21.gif
i know who he thinks was the better out of the two formats.
emotion-21.gif

Cheers.

D

Deleted member 2457

sonycentre:Yes gel,i had not put the player on for a few months..so thought it was time to watch a few film's on my 40hx803..it blew me away.

Yep
emotion-21.gif
and the format was cheaper than blu ray.

Loving my tv mate you guys have some amazing deals as well too.

A

Anonymous

It is a good job he never made this post a year or so ago he could be getting a lecture now about the japanese mafia, who may be taking an interest in his actions.

A

Anonymous

I find a lot of the hd dvd films very grainy to watch but when blu-ray films were first released a lot of them were no better.

A

Anonymous

I have sat & watched shrek 1 & 2 on dvd & shrek 3 on hd dvd tonight with the kinds, I must admit the kids did fall asleep before the end of the 3 one but I still found myself sitting & watched it until the end.
I have never seen shrek 4 but I have it on pre-order is it as bad as people say it is.
I have beauty & the beast to look forward to tomorrow night with the kids if it turns up, I don't know if I will last to the end on that one.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
sonycentre:Hello,well i have a few day's off work to prepair for a busy weekend dj'ing.So after all the cleaning duties in the house.I decided to fire up my toshiba hd-dvd player and settle down to chill with a few movies.All i can say is wow watched the thing(1982 remake),anchorman,and out of sight(love that film) and it looked and sounded out of this world.I still think this format is still standing the test of time,ok so it might take a while to fire the beast up and take a little while for the disc to fire up but in the end you are rewarded with some stunning pictures and warm surround sound.Well it is HD after all...
emotion-1.gif

If you like The Thing, get the Bluray - cleaned up and noticably better!

I was lthinking of moving my EP35 on and replacing the HD-DVD's that I watch on Bluray, but when I checked them out, there was at least 20 films I'd HAVE to have on Bluray which aren't yet available. So the HD-DVD stays...

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I still know people that are buy HD DVD and still love the format not to mention the price .

I have owned a blu ray play and hd dvd and to be honest i wouldn't be able to compare them in quality as i owned both to far apart , though i always felt hd dvd would sell better over blu ray purely on the name and to be honest i still don't like the name blu ray ( but thats just me i guess )

Though there was always one advantage hd dvd has over blu ray and thats it was all multi regional no matter what disk you brought and there wasn't these updates on the bd player just to make sure you can watch the latest films, which i know has become an issue for some of the less technical persons who may not even own broadband

Jammoe

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Add me to the HD-DVD supporters list. Been waiting for The Aviator to come on UK Blu Ray for ages and decided to look for it on HD-DVD. Got it from Amazon for £3!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts