Still clueless!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I finally got to demo some speakers at the only local shop i tried the B&W 683s, Monitor Audio RS8 & GS20's and the Denon 1909 and Yamaha 863se amps as these were the most expensive they sold as its mainly hi fi. 

I really liked the sound of the Yamaha but originally intended to spend more how much better would a Onkyo or Yamaha RXV3800 or even the new Pioneer lx81 be? I know theres massive price gaps but as i cant without travelling a lot further  demo the others im left wondering.

The speakers i preferred the RS8s to the B&W as i found them more open but maybe a little too bright loved the GS20s but then they are twice the price anything else anyone would recommend? Id love to hear the 805s but no where around here sells them.

Must be my 3rd post about this i thought demoing would help but there wasnt enough there to make my decision!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks 

A

Anonymous

I have read the awards issue where i saw the yamaha and pioneer wondered how big the gap is!

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
If I were you, I'd try to find an end-of-line Onkyo TX-SR905. Plenty of grunt to drive those speakers, and should be had for considerably less than the original £1400 now.

A

Anonymous

Ive seen the Onkyo for 800 and the RXV3800 for 750 both seem like pretty good deals anyone bought cheaper?

A

Anonymous

Ive seen the Onkyo 905 for 800 and the RXV3800 for 750 both seem like pretty good deals anyone bought cheaper?

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
If you want a Yamaha RX-V3800, you'd better move fast - there are only a very few left as far as I know. ÿI had been intending to buy one of the new Denons, but the Yamaha seemed an absolute bargain and came highly recommended by the guys at HiFix. ÿI can't measure it against the Onkyo, but IMHO it sounds amazing - I couldn't be happier. ÿThe dynamic range is unbelievable.

A

Anonymous

Yes its just hard locating the 905 and the 3800 at the same dealer as they are older products ill try phoning more places but getting further and further away!

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
A 905 for £800 may be worth taking a 'leap of faith' for if dealers are getting scarce.... I don't think you'll be disappointed. (Just my $0.02)

TRENDING THREADS