stereo amp to partner avr

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Getting conflicting info now,spoke to one dealer who recomended the naim nait 5i.....other dealer said this would be no good as it has no av bypass!!

The second dealer recomended a naim xs as he thinks naim work best with kef.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
GSB said:
Getting conflicting info now,spoke to one dealer who recomended the naim nait 5i.....other dealer said this would be no good as it has no av bypass!!

The second dealer recomended a naim xs as he thinks naim work best with kef.

I think these dealers are acting as salesmen and trying to steer you into buying what suits them.

- What a dealer thinks works best with Kef, is irrelevent......it's what you think that matters. I could list a dozen amps that work great with Kef; in fact I've yet to hear any reasonably good amp that doesn't sound well with them.

- HT-Bypass is certainly preferable as it makes life easier, but there is a "work-around" if the amp is worth it.

- If you sound hesitant, some dealers will tell you what to think....make your list and then politely insist that you get to hear it, along with any of their suggestions.

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Thats the trouble cno,to demo these 'higher end amps' i'll have to travel hundreds of miles...the impulse to buy when there would render the demo'n procesess a nonsense.

I agree with the second dealer about av bypass tho,would make things lovely and simple to operate.

In this instance a demo is a must...pricewise tho the mf m3 is an attractive deal ;)

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I live in wakefield west yorks,according to the mf website there are a few local dealers,that do not show up on google:)

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah,also want av bypass so i think the MF M3I is the front runner,but just found a dealer in Leeds that stocks the M3 and the Naim xs...so will be able to hear the two side by side.They dont have my speakers but what i realy want to hear is the differance between avr stereo and avr stereo:)

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
GSB said:
Yeah,also want av bypass so i think the MF M3I is the front runner,but just found a dealer in Leeds that stocks the M3 and the Naim xs...so will be able to hear the two side by side.They dont have my speakers but what i realy want to hear is the differance between avr stereo and avr stereo:)

Bring your own speakers........it will tell you much more about the synergy

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
GSB said:
I think i will...however i'm getting realy tempted with the cheaper Roksan kandy k2.

Keep an open mind.

Does the K2 have HT By-pass?**

One thing is for sure.....they will sound different, and you are likely to prefer one over the other......and if you prefer the M3i, you have to put a value on that improvement.

Try to bring as varied a range of music as possible...........that you know well.

eg. Piano, Violin, Bass driven, acoustic, complicated (eg. Orchestral), as well as less well mastered stuff.

** I believe it does.

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Cno iv'e just spoke to a dealer who can trade in my unwanted av gear against both the k2 and the m3i....the k2 at £550&the m3i at £750...he has the R100's in stock so can get a proper demo:)

FWIW he favours the m3i as its more refined,although he sells more of the k2.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
GSB said:
Cno iv'e just spoke to a dealer who can trade in my unwanted av gear against both the k2 and the m3i....the k2 at £550&the m3i at £750...he has the R100's in stock so can get a proper demo:)

FWIW he favours the m3i as its more refined,although he sells more of the k2.

This dealer shows promise. :shifty:

Try to get a home dem of your preferred choice, as it takes a few days to really assess an amp.

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I'll do my best...but i think the m3i is gonna be top-of my budget....the Mrs isn't my friend now,she doesn't see why i need to buy more stuff...i blamed you :grin:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts