Stereo Amp suggestions for Elac Bookshelfs

Kartik_Sharma

Aug 18, 2021
Visit site
Hi, I'm putting together my very first Stereo setup and need some help. This will be a very budget friendly affair and do not want to spend crazy intially.

I've shortlisted - Elac Debut 5.2 and Elac BS 63.2 (the 63.2 maybe old but im getting a good deal on them and they really sounded exciting to me). As a Rookie, I have no clue what to pair these with!

So I need help to finalize a Stereo Amp, which will sound good (read: exciting) with the pairs mentioned above and should be able to drive them fairly well. I've put the following options together; please suggest what would pair well or suggest other options incase I've overlooked them.
  1. Marantz 6007 / 5005
  2. Yamaha Rn 303 / 602
  3. Denon 600 Ne
Would really appreciate some advice please. Thanks and Cheers !

rainsoothe

I’ve read the Rega io (WHF award winner) is a good match to the Elacs, but has no digital connections, so you may need to add an external DAC, depending on how you plan to use it.
This is what I'd do as well. But do demo and let your ears decide, OP. For exciting, I'd also go with a Rega amp and some budget dac - Topping E30 for instance, or ifi Zen or whatever. Or maybe a budget streamer like Yamaha WXAD 10 or Google Chromecast Audio.

Reactions: Kartik_Sharma

Kartik_Sharma

Aug 18, 2021
Visit site
This is what I'd do as well. But do demo and let your ears decide, OP. For exciting, I'd also go with a Rega amp and some budget dac - Topping E30 for instance, or ifi Zen or whatever. Or maybe a budget streamer like Yamaha WXAD 10 or Google Chromecast Audio.

Thanks for the help. I went for Elac BS 63.2 and paired it with the Marantz 6007 primarily for 3 reasons -
  • Regas are not available everywhere and serviceability in India probably an issue
  • I will surely want to upgrade sometime from Elacs to Dali / B&W / Kefs etc. and 6007 may still be very relevant (i may be wrong too)
  • 6007 was cheaper than Rega IO in India and I'll probably add a budget Music Streamer for the amount I saved

rainsoothe

Thanks for the help. I went for Elac BS 63.2 and paired it with the Marantz 6007 primarily for 3 reasons -
  • Regas are not available everywhere and serviceability in India probably an issue
  • I will surely want to upgrade sometime from Elacs to Dali / B&W / Kefs etc. and 6007 may still be very relevant (i may be wrong too)
  • 6007 was cheaper than Rega IO in India and I'll probably add a budget Music Streamer for the amount I saved
Dw about it, the Marantz is a great amp, should be a great system. Enjoy :)

Reactions: Kartik_Sharma

SiR

Dec 26, 2021
Visit site

Hi!!

Hope you enjoy your music listening

Just interested in your hifi setup and would req your input as I too like to have the same.

Can u pls let me know where you bought it from, so that I can try to get if ?

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts