Statmat CDi blue plus

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
I received the above this morning. First cd that I listened to was Supertramp- crime of the century. I must be honest that I did not like what it did to the sound, yes there was a noticeable wider and deeper soundstage but the vocals just seemed to pierce my ears. I did however decide to change the placement of my speakers (further apart and a slight toe in) and yes, it has made a huge difference!! Everything just seems to fall in place, the soundstage is much wider, the vocals are sweet and precise, some extra detail is present. I was very sceptic before but I like to try everything once...maybe twice if it is enjoyable the first time :) I recommend this product whole heartedly!

Thanks for reading

Your comments, good or bad?

A

Anonymous

Sorry, but these mats are just a con to get your money out of your pockets.

Send it back and buy 3-4 cds instead.

It's BS of the highest order

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
idc:We both changes needed to get the result?I think so, as ringmat say that ''statmat products correct phase anomalies in the signal. In turn, this affects the coincidence of direct & reflected sounds, so that some small change in loudspeaker placement may be necessary to realign timing'' my system was sounding good before in it's usual position, but when I added the statmat it kind of messed things up, so I made the speaker adjustment and it corrected the problem with the added benefits of the statmat.

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
potboyslim:

Fair point, but I don't think I was conned. It only cost £40. If it cost £100, then I would feel like I was conned :)

A

Anonymous

gbhsi1:potboyslim:

Fair point, but I don't think I was conned. It only cost £40. If it cost £100, then I would feel like I was conned :)

Wow - you're quite well off! I couldn't afford to spend £40.00 on a piece of mat.

GoogleSearchIconShadow.gif
SuperSearchIconShadow.gif

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
ValianTX:gbhsi1:potboyslim:

Wow - you're quite well off! I couldn't afford to spend £40.00 on a piece of mat.

GoogleSearchIconShadow.gif
SuperSearchIconShadow.gif
I wish I was well off, I am not. I don't mind spending money on something that will make a difference. Money is for spending anyway...what is the point of holding on to it!!

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

I bought one quite awhile back. It certaintly made the sound a bit smoother and more musical. I even tried it on dvd and it made the picture a little more defined.

Cheers,

Steve.

A

Anonymous

I can't comment either way on whether these devices work but my observation would be that the CDP isn't very well designed if you need to use one. Are there so many read errors that such a thing makes it audibly different?

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
igglebert:I can't comment either way on whether these devices work but my observation would be that the CDP isn't very well designed if you need to use one. Are there so many read errors that such a thing makes it audibly different?I don't understand that statement as my cdp is an arcam cd93, which is a brilliant & loads of people use the CDi in high end cdp's.

A

Anonymous

I bought one of these statmat's years ago. And while I *think* it made a difference, it was pretty hard to tell to be sure. Mainly because it didn't seem to sound that much different once I've removed the mat and listened to the same track again straight after. Someone who reviewed this a few years ago reckoned that it did some sort of conditioning that meant the change in sound remained afterward for a while once the mat was removed.

Actually I haven't used it in a while since I've been buying new stuff and listening to it all without any interference, but I'm tempted to dig it out again and see if I hear a difference... I'll get back to you!

A

Anonymous

Well, I just tried this little test again and ... honestly I'm not sure if it made a difference or not. Again I *think* it did, but it's hard to pinpoint where and by what extent. I didn't notice any difference in the bass, nor the vocals nor treble. But there *may* have been a little more pronouncement in the guitars, but like I say it was hard to be sure.

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
Justafan:Well, I just tried this little test again and ... honestly I'm not sure if it made a difference or not. Again I *think* it did, but it's hard to pinpoint where and by what extent. I didn't notice any difference in the bass, nor the vocals nor treble. But there *may* have been a little more pronouncement in the guitars, but like I say it was hard to be sure. After further listening sessions I have come to the conclusion that perhaps I wanted to believe it made a massive difference but in actual fact it hasn't. I have therefore returned the product. I have also realised that everytime you place a cd in you have to fiddle with the statmat. Anyways not my best of purchases I guess :) maybe on some systems it might make a difference but not mine in the end. Next time I will listen to something for longer before making any rash conclusions & posting it on the forum.

A

Anonymous

Fair play to you guv. With any system change it takes time to really get a feel for the differences or lack of.

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

I tried it with 3 components. The consonance cd-120 linear it dulled the top end to much and made it slightly smoother sound but lost some sparkle - worse overall. The marantz cd-63se it made it slightly smoother and made the bass a little fulller, a little more musical overall. The dvd player was the best result, picture slightly sharper and more natural, sounds less tinny and smoother too.

I would say its component dependant, it may improve or may not on the components you try it on. Conclusion try before you buy.

Cheers,

Steve.

A

Anonymous

I had one of these in an Arcam and one day it slid into the casing. I sold the unit later on and someone got it, albeit they didn't know they had it!

I too wanted to think my tweak was money well spent but ultimately it was piffle.

A

Anonymous

Had one years back, made most of my music dull, slow in pace and frankly just not enjoyable to listen to which let's agree, is not what we want from our tunes. Would have gone back to a c**py mini system and enjoyed it more if i knew what it was going to do, lol.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts