Star connected plug strips

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

daveh75

QuestForThe13thNote said:
BigH said:
Oldphrt said:
Nah, if you pour anything over a component you make it all wet, like most of your stupid postings.

my postings are considered and on experience, whereas you’ve made your mind up before you’ve started.

Yes like your opinions on cheaper systems that you have never heard!

yes I have as I’ve owned them, and rather sitting on my high horse with views they don’t have limitations lower than I think, I’ll concede the opposite, as I always do with any hi Fi I’ve owned at relative price points to other better ones. The reason big h is because I live in the real world, and you can’t get budget for premium, unlike some on this forum who seem to have big egos as to what hi Fi can do. I think it’s because it’s a male dominated thing. Not many British men concede my car is not as good as others, they are all quite aggressive and egotistical with it. I think this applies to hi Fi and they can’t ever say things that are wrong or accept limitations. It comes across so much on this forum.

Are you really that irony impaired/completely lacking in self awareness or just an effing hypocrite?

Now do the forum a favour, take your incoherent gibberish and go play with some fast moving traffic you sad little troll...

Oldphrt

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
BigH said:
BigH said:
Oldphrt said:
Nah, if you pour anything over a component you make it all wet, like most of your stupid postings.

my postings are considered and on experience, whereas you’ve made your mind up before you’ve started.

Yes like your opinions on cheaper systems that you have never heard!

Not many British men concede my car is not as good as others, they are all quite aggressive and egotistical with it.

Yes your car is complete rubbish, lol.

I wonder what it is? A Smart Arse perhaps?

Oldphrt

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
ellisdj said:
Oldphrt said:
ellisdj said:
Oldphrt said:
ellisdj said:
Oldphrt said:
ellisdj said:
That is interesting because certain PSU Builder use certain transformers built by certain people because of how they sound - when they could buy an off the shelf one with the same spec - I am pretty sure on that one - what do you think to that?

There's no reason to do that. Two identically rated transformers can only perform in the same way. Certain brands might look better on any sales blurb I suppose.

The custom manufactured mains transformers use oversized grain orientated silicon steel cores and are wound to avoid core saturation in use and to operate quietly both electrically and mechanically

From what you just said it cant happen anyway?

What can't happen anyway? If they are identically rated that means they perform identically. Good grief.
Cant saturate the transformer with a standard 240v input - why would someone build one not to oversaturate with those extra processes?

Wibble.

That doesnt help or answer the question

Also why would somone use a low impedance transformer?

Why would they also build dual voltage regulation cascaded to improve supply line and rectification interference rejection? Sounds like noise rejection to me

Bearing in mind this from one of the best makers of these products - could be you who knows??

Sorry, I don't understand pidgin and you don't understand electronics. A low impedance transformer is usually a toroidal one. They regulate better. That means the voltage doesn't change much under load. Load is the current the amplifier takes.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Oldphrt said:
ellisdj said:
Oldphrt said:
ellisdj said:
Oldphrt said:
ellisdj said:
Oldphrt said:
ellisdj said:
That is interesting because certain PSU Builder use certain transformers built by certain people because of how they sound - when they could buy an off the shelf one with the same spec - I am pretty sure on that one - what do you think to that?

There's no reason to do that. Two identically rated transformers can only perform in the same way. Certain brands might look better on any sales blurb I suppose.

The custom manufactured mains transformers use oversized grain orientated silicon steel cores and are wound to avoid core saturation in use and to operate quietly both electrically and mechanically

What can't happen anyway? If they are identically rated that means they perform identically. Good grief.
Cant saturate the transformer with a standard 240v input - why would someone build one not to oversaturate with those extra processes?

Wibble.

Why would they also build dual voltage regulation cascaded to improve supply line and rectification interference rejection? Sounds like noise rejection to me

Bearing in mind this from one of the best makers of these products - could be you who knows??

Sorry, I don't understand pidgin and you don't understand electronics. A low impedance transformer is usually a toroidal one. They regulate better. That means the voltage doesn't change much under load. Load is the current the amplifier takes.

Thats not from an amplifier thats from a Linear Power Supply - makes no difference.

Thats from one of the best makers of linear power supplies that known of - he has built into his top models 150db of dc noise rejection at 100khz. Sounds like a lot to me.

So if you havent got one at this quality makes sense to get the noise down before it gets to the power supply - hence better sound.

If that blind test proves anything it proves everything - they plugged 2 hifi systems into an ikea power strip and noone could tell them conclusively apart - proves that as much it proves anything else - you brought it up - thanks for that

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
So talking about a Pigeon, while posting a picture of Pigeon that looks like a Duck....what does say about anything. Maybe it walks like a Pigeon, but can play chess like a Duck. Ducks are clever like that. Especially ones that look like a Pigeon. *unknw*

Oldphrt

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
ellisdj said:
Oldphrt said:
ellisdj said:
Oldphrt said:
ellisdj said:
Oldphrt said:
ellisdj said:
Oldphrt said:
ellisdj said:

Wibble.

Thats not from an amplifier thats from a Linear Power Supply - makes no difference.

Thats from one of the best makers of linear power supplies that known of - he has built into his top models 150db of dc noise rejection at 100khz. Sounds like a lot to me.

So if you havent got one at this quality makes sense to get the noise down before it gets to the power supply - hence better sound.

If that blind test proves anything it proves everything - they plugged 2 hifi systems into an ikea power strip and noone could tell them conclusively apart - proves that as much it proves anything else - you brought it up - thanks for that

people-is-arguing-with-stupid-people-is-like-playing-chess-28838503.png

It's a duck, but never mind! Ellis likes quackery.

Oldphrt

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
So talking about a Pigeon, while posting a picture of Pigeon that looks like a Duck....what does say about anything. Maybe it walks like a Pigeon, but can play chess like a Duck. Ducks are clever like that. Especially ones that look like a Pigeon. *unknw*

You are an admirer of quacks and quackery, are you not?

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I took the info straight from the details of the chap who makes some of the best linears around - he deems it important obviously.

Its beyond oldphrts knowledge so the insults come out. Good work that man

Nemo

Nov 3, 2017
Visit site
Which is best, nuclear, coal, or renewable, sourced power? I might move to dungeness if nuclear turns out to be the cleanest source.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Nemo said:
Which is best, nuclear, coal, or renewable, sourced power? I might move to dungeness if nuclear turns out to be the cleanest source.

Hope you got deep pockets. Should be good power supply but won't the overhead cables cause interference, maybe you will need a mains conditioner? But interesting place, have not beene there for a while as it's so far away now. The bass will go straight out of those wooden walls, some hifi writer in the US once said if you live in a wooden house, move.

Oldphrt

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
ellisdj said:
I took the info straight from the details of the chap who makes some of the best linears around - he deems it important obviously.

Its beyond oldphrts knowledge so the insults come out. Good work that man

You spout but you don't understand. I never comment on anything I don't understand.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Oldphrt said:
CnoEvil said:

You are an admirer of quacks and quackery, are you not ?

I'm an admirer of Pigeons that can quack and Ducks that can play chess (or even Draughts).

D

Deleted member 108165

I have an admission to make, my car is sh*t and so is my hi-fi... I'm a real man!!!!

C'mon let's get this cr*apfest to 500 posts *biggrin*

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Quickly consider - blind test you linked to the ikea power strip affected the sound so m much that a high end hifi sounded like a budget one to the point noone could pick the high end one consistently.

You linked to that blind test,

Alternatively I filmed many people a far bigger sample than the blind test 3x the size or more listen to mains products

Only 1 person from around 50 people said they couldnt hear a difference all the others did.

So from these actual listening sessions - where music is playing and people are listening to it AKA HiFi

We can conclude that ikea strips makes good hifi sound budget and the vast majority of people who listened to certain mains products thought it improved the sound.

Ikea strips clearly makes a system Sound Worse for playing Music

Good mains conditoiners clearly make a system sound better for playing music.

Good work time for tea.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts