squash balls

timwileman

Mar 19, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

am following the tips by getting some granite boards and am going to chop some squash balls for 'feet' as i have never done this before i have 2 questions

1) are squash balls easy to cut with enough precision so the halves are really equal halves? just use a serrated kitchen knife?

2) i know you different types of squash balls do they make any sonic difference...

ps was just kidding with no 2 :)

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Please not you too ...
emotion-6.gif

A

Anonymous

I cut some up once, I had to put them in a vice and use a hacksaw. They were blue hardness by the way.

timwileman

Mar 19, 2008
Visit site
hmmm....
sounds like you need to be pretty exact when cutting...will need to think of something suitable to use.

wonder if anyone has done a test of the types of balls ...?

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
Ive always found thinly sliced (Not too thin other wise the sound thickens up) banana under each foot works a treat!

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
i bought the brightstar Isonodes from the us - paid by paypal took a couple of weeks - what hifi gave them a 5 star review in the awards issue 2007 from memory as best cheap upgrade

http://www.brightstaraudio.com/vibration_control_products.htm

timwileman

Mar 19, 2008
Visit site
matengawhat:i bought the brightstar Isonodes from the us - paid by paypal took a couple of weeks - what hifi gave them a 5 star review in the awards issue 2007 from memory as best cheap upgrade

http://www.brightstaraudio.com/vibration_control_products.htm

cheers magenta, i will get some if the squash balls dont work out

A

Anonymous

On other forums, pipe insulation is all the rage. You can cut it to desired thickness and it can hold quite some weight. Available in 3 standard circumferences also.

A

Anonymous

thfcwestlower:On other forums, pipe insulation is all the rage. You can cut it to desired thickness and it can hold quite some weight. Available in 3 standard circumferences also.
ooooohhhh wanders off to The Plumbing Centre

A

Anonymous

Lightly rubbing the chopping board base with snake oil will produce massive effects.

Seriously, flatfeet on ebay are good dampers. Damn site cheaper than some solutions.

A

Anonymous

Has anyone out there used the matts that are on the floor of weight rooms ? They are 12-17mm thick and you can buy 6'x4' for around 25 quid on e-bay. Would be ideal for a home made shelving system I think. Never done it myself but as they are sports related thought I might mention them alongside Tim's balls.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Regarding the bananas I always found when I did that, that my CD player kept slipping off the rack, and then there was loads of mirth and laughter.

Come to think of it, there were 2 monkeys sitting in the bath, and one monkey said "Uh uh Ah Ah".

And the other monkey said "Well put some cold in if it's too hot"ÿ

But seriously, use a scalpel on the squash balls, available from all good art shops. Or a Stanley Knife

ÿ

A

Anonymous

JoelSim:
Regarding the bananas I always found when I did that, that my CD player kept slipping off the rack, and then there was loads of mirth and laughter.

Come to think of it, there were 2 monkeys sitting in the bath, and one monkey said "Uh uh Ah Ah".

And the other monkey said "Well put some cold in if it's too hot"ÿ

But seriously, use a scalpel on the squash balls, available from all good art shops. Or a Stanley Knife

ÿ

...on the vino like me then I see...or is it all just getting to you... ;-)

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Tough day, so yes. Hd a big presentation with a new client and it went really well so more work to come from them. Especially as I get 5% of all the income I introduce and this is the first one so could be worth a few grand extra in the old pocket! Shame it won;t be going on hifi equipment, but I may buy a good few CDs.

A

Anonymous

Good work old bean. I had a big meeting today but I managed to utterly put my foot in it with some international guests. I'm not going to go there but hey, it happens. Let's just say, don't mention the war...

You could always cream off a few mains leads from that nice bit of bonus. All about balance you see...

A

Anonymous

timwileman:i used a boron carbon high powered laser to cut me balls...worked a treat :)
...it's all in the cutting...

A

Anonymous

timwileman:i used a boron carbon high powered laser to cut me balls...worked a treat :)

Yep, its a highly recommended tear free method.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts