Spotify's HiFi tier could finally be about to launch

JR75

Oct 26, 2022
Visit site
What a joke. Spotify is the last streaming audio service to offer Hi-Res audio - Maybe. They have been dorking around with this for years and still nothing. And if they are going to charge 19.95 a month - get Tidal - far superior to Spotify.

stefanb

Sep 23, 2023
Visit site
What a joke. Spotify is the last streaming audio service to offer Hi-Res audio - Maybe. They have been dorking around with this for years and still nothing. And if they are going to charge 19.95 a month - get Tidal - far superior to Spotify.
If they launch and have AI-assisted features + audiobooks, many people will change to them; After Tidal's recent move of abandoning MQA format, how ill they differentiate?

I've been using Tidal for many years and paired it with KEF LS502 wireless for in-built decoder.
Not happy with their latest change. I've seen some improvements in the algorithm and they do recommend better matches than what they used to but still..

I listen to my podcasts on spotify and books on audible and would love to merge everything to the same app

Terry Webb

Feb 10, 2020
Visit site
Good to hear but I think the new desktop layout looks awful. Who thought it would be a good idea to squash the album library into one side of the screen. The person or team getting paid good money to come up that piffle must be getting desperate for new ideas.

Terry Webb

Feb 10, 2020
Visit site
I hope Spotify increase the volume level on their HiFi offer. The current sound level is too low when compared to Tidal and the others. That's my opinion anyway.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts