SpotifyAirfoil Poblem

Torres09

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
I've been using Spotify-Airfoil-AirPort Express hassle free for the past year. Last week I added a Marantz M-CR603 to my network and all appeard to be going to plan. Today Airfoil gave up the ghost, when I launch Airfoil, and select Airport Express andor Marantz M-CR603 I get message "Cannot connect to remote speakers-check firewall settings.

So, having made no changes to firewall settings recently, and checked my firewall settings umpteenth times (Airfoil, Spotify etc etc, ticked in the exceptions tab) I still can't get sound from Airfoil.

The M-CR603 picks up Airplay from iTunes,Internet Radio, DAB so I guess there's no problem with any Network settings there.

Spotify will play through the PC speakers-looks like a issue between Airfoil and Spotify (funnily enough this only happened since the latest Spotify firmware upgrade).

I'm at a loss- any ideas????

Torres09

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Where's the Christmas good will? No Replies!

Could this be an issue since I connected the Marantz to my network? Should I only have either the Marantz or the AE connected to my network and not both??

Anybody-Chebby where are you???

John Duncan

Not sure I can help since am running a mac and am not having any problems. You should be able to connect both the Marantz and the AE to the network no problems as well. What happens if you turn the firewall off for a while (you can disconnect the internet cable if you're worried about doing that)?

Torres09

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Just tried that JD, still no luck-same message "Cannot connect to remote speakers"...checked the firewall settings again.....

Not sure where the problem lies, it's playing up since I introduced the Marantz, about a week ago, and the latest Spotify update, not sure which is to blame-if either :cry:

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Torres09 said:
Just tried that JD, still no luck-same message "Cannot connect to remote speakers"...checked the firewall settings again.....

Not sure where the problem lies, it's playing up since I introduced the Marantz, about a week ago, and the latest Spotify update, not sure which is to blame-if either :cry:

Check all preferences settings in Spotify, RE. my thread above.

Have you re installed Spotify?

Torres09

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
moon said:
Torres09 said:

Check all preferences settings in Spotify, RE. my thread above.

Have you re installed Spotify?

Thanks moon, yep tried uninstall/reinstall of Airfoil and Spotify and still no joy

Strangley i've just tried Spotify from my iphone and it's playing fine, looks like i'll just have to use iphone/spotify/airplay

Anyway, Happy Christmas everybody :cheers:

woodster

Jun 24, 2007
Visit site
I have this very same set up in my study, even with a mac i had a devils own job setting up the airport express.every now and again, the express takes a turn and i have to reboot and marry it all up again

as286

May 12, 2011
Visit site
My (airplay-upgraded) mcr603 receives the signal directly through the Spotify (running on Mac) - Airfoil link, so I do not see the need for an Airport Express. So, unhook your Airport Express, reboot everything and all should be well, especially since you already seem to have your mcr hooked up properly.

On an unrelated note, it is, perhaps, worth adding that a FLAC or ALAC album played through Airfoil and beamed to mcr603 sounds somewhat flatter in comparison to a CD so a Spotify album (at 320kbps) will too.

jelcass

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I've had this problem with my MacBook and Airport express.

But the solution has been to restart my Virgin (not-so)SuperHub a couple of times.

Furtone

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm confused, are you trying to use Airfoil with the Airport Express you used to or with the Martanz's AirPlay? I suspect Airfoil is going to pretty much only work well with Apple branded AirPlay products...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts