spotify streaming through hifi

papagoz

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi,i have a marantz 7004 media player connected to a marantz 6004 amp and monitor audio bx2 speakers this is my first hifi and i am really pleased with the sound produced.My problem is that i am trying to stream spotify through my laptop via a usb cable(as instructed in manual) connected to my marantz media player.I am running windows 7 and when i go into view connected network devices my marantz 7004 is showing connected and allowed access,but when i connect to spotify it plays through my laptop speakers but not my bx2 speakers the display on the 7004 unit says digital in usb and below that Fs= 48 khz,can you help please and keep it as simple as possible please(you won't offend honest) cheers.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I would have thought you need to go into Sound settings on your laptop (control panel) and tell it to use the Marantz as an audio device for playback. Can't tell you exactly how as I don't have Windows 7 or a Marantz, but it's fairly straightforward, well usually. Come back with more questions if that doesn't work.

papagoz

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
thanks for the info major i have now sorted the problem,i found that in sound settings i had not selected marantz network player in devices,have now, and works fine, thanks again

papagoz

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
thanks for the info major i have now sorted the problem,i found that in sound settings i had not selected marantz network player in devices,have now, and works fine, thanks again

TRENDING THREADS