spotify in ireland???

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
it doesn't appear that i can get it, yet i have noticed a few irish whfi forumites mentioned that they avail of the service..

does anyone know if it can be got here? it says not on spotifys website..

ta..

A

Anonymous

i think i may have found a way, need an invite code though
emotion-10.gif

A

Anonymous

cheers dave, im using a proxy as im outside the uk
emotion-10.gif

as i was registering i got to the part where it says to tick "unlimited" , "premium" or "i have a code" i've no money on my credit card at the mo so i presumed i'd need a code??

daveh75

Did it not give you an option for Spotify Open when you were registering? Should have been four options, 'Premium' and 'Unlimited' which dont require a code because you're paying to use the service, then 'Free' which requires an invite/code and 'Open' which doesn't require an invite/code because it's a limited service

A

Anonymous

daveh75:Did it not give you an option for Spotify Open when you were registering? Should have been four options, 'Premium' and 'Unlimited' which dont require a code because you're paying to use the service, then 'Free' which requires an invite/code and 'Open' which doesn't require an invite/code because it's a limited service
i'm not getting that option dave, it says that it's recognising that i'm in ireland and is only giving me the three options i mentioned..

A

Anonymous

daveh75:

maxflinn:it says that it's recognising that i'm in ireland and is only giving me the three options i mentioned..Hmm,its probably because it's recognising your in Ireland!

lol
emotion-2.gif
.. ill have another go tmw
emotion-21.gif

i'd say my proxys cover is bloiwn
emotion-5.gif

Woodruffe

Feb 6, 2008
Visit site
Got a few invite codes on my account if you want one? If the moderators allow you can have my personal email and I'll send you one.

A

Anonymous

thanks for the offer woodruffe
emotion-21.gif
. but i've successfully opened an account so i should be ok, then i exited the proxy and pressed download, the file downloaded but i can't open it
emotion-8.gif

A

Anonymous

ive got it
emotion-1.gif

now the real questions start, i have a laptop, and a nice amp, how do i stream music from spotify ?

a quick google throws up a few suggestions.

airport express?

a bluetooth receiver. though my laptop doesn't have bluetooth, presumably i could get an adapter?

a squeezbox?

any pointers guys?

ta...

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
maxflinn:
ive got it
emotion-1.gif
now the real questions start, i have a laptop, and a nice amp, how do i stream music from spotify ? ...
You'll also need a nice DAC...

Spotify/Max's nice laptop -> AirPort Express -> TOSlink/Optical cable -> DAC -> RCA interconnects -> Max's nice amp -> Max's even nicer speakers
emotion-5.gif

daveh75

6th.replicant:maxflinn:
ive got it
emotion-1.gif

now the real questions start, i have a laptop, and a nice amp, how do i stream music from spotify ? ...

Spotify/Max's nice laptop -> AirPort Express -> TOSlink/Optical cable -> DAC -> RCA interconnects -> Max's nice amp -> Max's even nicer speakers
emotion-5.gif

The DAC isn't compulsory, AEX does have an analogue out...

If you do go the AEX route though you'll also need Airfoil to stream non iTunes content to it.

I would also consider the ATV2 over AEX, it's only £18 dearer, but comes with an ali remote and cool UI. Though you will definitely need a DAC if you go for ATV2 as it doesn't have analogue outs.

A

Anonymous

thanks dave, 6th and id. ill look into this today and see if i can get up and running before xmas.

i was wondering, i'm probably overbsimplifying things, but my marantz cdp has a usb input, i wonder if there's a wireless usb device that could get all that nasty digital data from my laptop straight into my cdp? then the onboard dac could do it's thing?

A

Anonymous

ok i've decided against buying any "apple product" . there is no authorised apple seller in ireland, on phoning the one number i could find, an automated voice tells me that i need to contact apple uk, so sorry apple, but i'm not into chasing your products around europe
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:maxflinn:there is no authorised apple seller in ireland

Apart from, say, these ones?
emotion-10.gif
the robot said there were none, damm droids
emotion-14.gif

cheers jd, i'm on the apple trail again
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

6th.replicant:maxflinn:
ive got it
emotion-1.gif

emotion-5.gif
emotion-11.gif

A

Anonymous

daveh75:6th.replicant:maxflinn:
ive got it
emotion-1.gif

emotion-5.gif

The DAC isn't compulsory, AEX does have an analogue out...

If you do go the AEX route though you'll also need Airfoil to stream non iTunes content to it.

I would also consider the ATV2 over AEX, it's only £18 dearer, but comes with an ali remote and cool UI. Though you will definitely need a DAC if you go for ATV2 as it doesn't have analogue outs.

i've got the airport express, eventually
emotion-8.gif
. gonna rig it up now, dave, or anyone, is there anything else i need to be doing/getting at this stage? i'll download the free airfoil shortly. i'll probably get a dac in time, but want to stick with the aex for now..cheers
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
emotion-8.gif

where's the analogue outs? what's this about a mini jack? i have to go out again
emotion-9.gif

daveh75

maxflinn:
emotion-8.gif

where's the analogue outs? what's this about a mini jack? i have to go out again
emotion-9.gif

Yep, sorry probably should of mentioned the AEX has a 3.5mm mini-jack output (that doubles as an optical out) so to connect to your amp you'll either need a mini-jack to stereo RCA cable or or 3.5mm mini-jack to stereo RCA adapter and a standard stereo interconnect.

A

Anonymous

daveh75:maxflinn:
emotion-8.gif

emotion-9.gif

Yep, sorry probably should of mentioned the AEX has a 3.5mm mini-jack output (that doubles as an optical out) so to connect to your amp you'll either need a mini-jack to stereo RCA cable or or 3.5mm mini-jack to stereo RCA adapter and a standard stereo interconnect.
thanks dave
emotion-21.gif

emotion-6.gif

A

Anonymous

HELP
emotion-8.gif

im using one of these for my broadband

meteor-e180_.jpg

it's not a router it just supplies broadband to my laptop..

somebody please tell me i dont need a wireless router for airport express to work?
emotion-3.gif

daveh75

You can create a wireless network with the AEX, (when you run through the set-up it gives you the option to either join an existing network or create one). Not sure how/if this will work if you're using a 3g dongle.

Hopefully JD or the prof will be able to advise...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts