News Spotify HiFi

Niallivm

Oct 28, 2019
Visit site
He’s a well-respected authority on high-end systems and his comments on what Spotify are planning and its likely impact on the streaming market in general I found more interesting and informative than the cut n paste press release stories elsewhere on this subject

Svatopluk

Jan 6, 2021
Visit site
I think this is pretty important news if true. Depending on what they charge its going to bad news for the other players but will mean quality audio will be available to huge numbers. I have Spotify and Tidal and have to say the Spotify interface is better and library bigger. Am thinking this will give a boost to some manufacturers and the market for all in one wifi streamer / amp combos and streamer / active speaker just got much more attractive. That's going to be the future and hopefully as it becomes mass market we are going to see new players, more competition better prices:).

Niallivm

Oct 28, 2019
Visit site
I agree. Speaking from a purely personal point of view, I'm excited. I currently have an Apple Music Family account for the whole household and a Qobuz account for more serious listening. They cost me the best part of thirty quid a month but neither service fully meets my needs; the former works great but the sound quality isn't the best, the latter sounds great but the software is clunky and the playlists and search are woeful.
I just want one. I'm not fussed by High Res and lossless will be a vast improvement on Apple's offering. I think Darko's right - they'll offer it as the top level on Spotify Premium but the default setting will remain 320k as the majority won't be fussed. I'd prefer it if Apple raised its game and offered lossless, but if they don't then I'll plumb for the new Spotify. Sorry Qobuz, your sound quality is stunning and you've had my support for the last eighteen months but your software is the worst and you're so slow to address its most basic failings I'm looking at the big guys to provide me the service I want.

Niallivm

Oct 28, 2019
Visit site
For me, it means I won’t renew my annual sub to Qobuz in June but will pay monthly while I wait to see what’s actually happening with Spotify HiFi and how Apple and Tidal (under new ownership) respond. I want a single streaming service for my family but don’t want to go back the ‘standard’ quality

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts