Spotify HiFi: quality, price, release , free trial and latest news

Tootsie

May 25, 2021
Visit site
A vague article in general, it doesn't address the quality, price, release or indeed any of the things mentioned in the headline, aside from saying they are unknown. A long winded and purely speculative article

JohnnyWeems

Oct 29, 2020
Visit site
Every speculation of Spotify HIFI is meaningless until the real launch of Spotify HIFI. To be honest, I am not looking forward to Spotify HIFI since TIDAL, Amazon HD, Qobuz had dominated the HIFI market, though Spotify works well with my AudKit Spotify converter and helps me offline listen to my loved Spotify playlists.

Reactions: prince albert

Terry Webb

Feb 10, 2020
Visit site
Everything we know about Spotify's upcoming CD-quality streaming tier ahead of its launch later this year...

Spotify HiFi: quality, price, release , free trial and latest news : Read more
I hope they stick to HiFi quality. I am not a big fan of HiRes audio because it doesn't always sound so good...and I do have nice speakers and a good receiver..buy still..I prefer Cd quality over the most HiRes files...
Yep, used with a decent DAC what not to like other than failing to plug the gaps in Spotify's music catalogue.

daddyo

Nov 7, 2021
Visit site
Spotify has talked about lossless CD quality (of some form) for about 5 yrs. They obviously could have implemented it by now. At one time they undoubtedly thought that they could get a premium for the option but that ship has sailed with Apple, Amazon, and Tidal all offering an HD version at $10/mo (or less). Honestly, for my listening, I'm not sure that I can tell the difference between 320 kbps and CD but I what the best value out there and have jumped into Amazon Music Unlimited HD.

daddyo

Nov 7, 2021
Visit site
Overall very happy with Amazon Music HD. I can notice a sound quality improvement on my decent HT 5.1.2 system buy not so much on distributed audio via MusicCast (which plays only at CD quality). Wanted to get away from Spotify's ads (intrusive) and got tired of Spotify's delays in getting Hi-Fi implemented. AMHD has some warts but certainly leads in sound quality and value.

josveland

Nov 23, 2021
Visit site
I agree that Amazon Music HD seems the most interesting option, and more if you are prime, but the application leaves much to be desired. Also, the lack of "Amazon Music HD Connect" is, in my case, inexcusable. To top it all, the compatibility with HEOS is pitiful.

I am an iPhone user (although wanting to go back to Android), but I am not considering Apple Music because I am not going to use iTunes. In addition, it would make my subscription more expensive, since I share a family account with friends, and at Apple it is complicated by the restrictions they impose.

I have been a user of Spotify since it was a Beta and as an application or software it is undoubtedly the best, but it is taking too long to join the Hi-Fi. Until recently the 320 kbps were insufficient but "salvageable", because the quality of my devices did not give much more, but for a couple of weeks I have a Denon AVC X3700H + Dali Oberon 5, so the 320 kbps of Spotify are laughable.

I've been using Tidal ever since. The application is not bad at all, it has Tidal Connect which, although it is not compatible with my new Denon, the integration with HEOS is quite good. The music recommendations that he makes me daily and weekly are improving with the passing of the days and the audio quality with respect to Spotify is abysmal, although I certainly like it less than the quality that Amazon offers, not only in terms of "UHD "but also in CD quality (in fact I have not been able to test the Masters, since my Denon is not compatible).

For now, I will continue with Spotify (although using Tidal), but when the 3 months of promotion I have are over, if Spotify Hi-Fi is not a reality, or its quality is not up to par ... I will migrate.

I take the opportunity to complain about the poor compatibility of Denon ... Neither MQA, nor Tidal Connect, Amazon sucks in HEOS, and HEOS itself is slow and clunky ... Of course, if I got to know this before I would have opted for other brands.

daddyo

Nov 7, 2021
Visit site
I agree that Amazon Music HD seems the most interesting option, and more if you are prime, but the application leaves much to be desired. Also, the lack of "Amazon Music HD Connect" is, in my case, inexcusable. To top it all, the compatibility with HEOS is pitiful.

I am an iPhone user (although wanting to go back to Android), but I am not considering Apple Music because I am not going to use iTunes. In addition, it would make my subscription more expensive, since I share a family account with friends, and at Apple it is complicated by the restrictions they impose.

I have been a user of Spotify since it was a Beta and as an application or software it is undoubtedly the best, but it is taking too long to join the Hi-Fi. Until recently the 320 kbps were insufficient but "salvageable", because the quality of my devices did not give much more, but for a couple of weeks I have a Denon AVC X3700H + Dali Oberon 5, so the 320 kbps of Spotify are laughable.

I've been using Tidal ever since. The application is not bad at all, it has Tidal Connect which, although it is not compatible with my new Denon, the integration with HEOS is quite good. The music recommendations that he makes me daily and weekly are improving with the passing of the days and the audio quality with respect to Spotify is abysmal, although I certainly like it less than the quality that Amazon offers, not only in terms of "UHD "but also in CD quality (in fact I have not been able to test the Masters, since my Denon is not compatible).

For now, I will continue with Spotify (although using Tidal), but when the 3 months of promotion I have are over, if Spotify Hi-Fi is not a reality, or its quality is not up to par ... I will migrate.

I take the opportunity to complain about the poor compatibility of Denon ... Neither MQA, nor Tidal Connect, Amazon sucks in HEOS, and HEOS itself is slow and clunky ... Of course, if I got to know this before I would have opted for other brands.

There is a learning curve with any new software package but I do agree that AMHD is not as user-friendly as the Spotify app is. And the Spotify Connect feature is really nice as well.

I don't think that I can distinguish small improvements (eg 160 kbps to 320 kbps) in sound quality but going from 160 kbps on Spotify to 192/92/CD on AMHD has been eye opening on my primary 5.1.2 system. If Spotify's Hi-Fi ever happens, I'm not so sure about their "lossless CD" level even being comparable in sound quality to AMHD.

josveland

Nov 23, 2021
Visit site
I'm agree. AMHD sounds so good and in this sense Spotify has it very difficult.

On the other hand, I don't think the problem with Amazon's software is the learning curve... It is more of a poor functionality (and with HEOS I don't even tell you). To give a basic example, if you are listening to something on your PC and you go to the mobile app, the typical "keep listening" does not appear.

daddyo

Nov 7, 2021
Visit site
Jan 2, 2022 and no Spotify Hi-Fi. Have moved on to Amazon Music HD (from Spotify Free) and a few observations: 1) AMHD is noticeably better on primary amp/speakers, 2) Spotify integrates better into Yamaha MusicCast, 3) no significant difference in background music via distributed audio (ceiling speakers), 4) UI is different but no real advantage either way. For me, not an audiophile, item 1 is the deciding factor, I was surprised at the difference. However, I didn't try Spotify Premium (320 kbps) vs AMHD (CD, 96, 192) as I could get AMHD at a cheaper rate.

Reactions: josveland

Ryrynz

Apr 2, 2023
Visit site
This article has an alarming inaccuracy. AptX HD maxes out at 576kbps…how is this any where near ‘CD quality’?

Your comment is laughable.
Get your best equipment ready and do the 20 trial test, I want you to record a video of your testing on your smartphone and post it to youtube and I can confirm no BS.

Get ready to eat your words and I'll get ready to laugh my ass off.

Your comment is laughable.
Get your best equipment ready and do the 20 trial test, I want you to record a video of your testing on your smartphone and post it to youtube and I can confirm no BS.

Get ready to eat your words and I'll get ready to laugh my ass off.
Please read the forum rules about civil discourse - they are in stickies at the start of each sub-forum. You will be expected to adhere from now on.

Navanski

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Spotify HiFi: quality, price, release date, free trial and latest news

The lowdown on Spotify's delayed CD-quality audio tier...

That's how the article is promoted - expectations for firm facts aroused. It's content and accuracy, however, is of the same standard as something produced by Boris Johnson. It's just a load of conjecture with nothing to back it up. Smoke and mirrors. We've had conjecture for the past 6 years - we don't need anymore.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts