Spotify gapless playback?

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Last weekend I decided I'd join Spotify Unlimited. Figured for £5 a month it was a great way to rent albums in 'appraisal quality' format. If I like what I hear I can always buy the CD.

Just one question...

Quite a lot of the music I listen to has gapless transitions between tracks. Or at least, it should have. Spotify can't seem to sense this (unless I'm doing it wrong?) and so instead of buffering far enough ahead of itself to create a seamless join, there's a gap as it switches to the next track.

I don't intend to use Spotity as a primary source, but there are seemingly many folks here who do. Do you just put up with it - I'd find it VERY annoying to say the least - or is there a way round it?

ReValveiT

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Join the club :) I, and many, many others, have been requesting this feature for ages. Spotify continue to ignore. Worse though (imo) are the stupid little fade in / out's applied to every track. What the h*ll is that all about? Actually I no longer care since I cancelled my subscription last month. Rant over.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
ReValveiT said:
Join the club :)

Lol quite...I probably should have Googled it before wasting server-space on here and asking the question, but it seems this very issue is the most requested update and has been for several years.

A

Anonymous

You realise that if you use a squeezebx, it plays back gapless without a hitch... :)

(A happy, gapless spotify, sqeezebox user)...

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I read that this evening...so that means it's the downloaded app, not the files which are already chopped and faded.

Can't see the problem why they can't issue the much-requested fix, at least to paying subscribers.

A

Anonymous

I agree Mr fubar.

Makes no sense to me. I'd sometimes rather use the app.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts