Spotify compatible amp & Phono Stage. No CD player needed. (query, not a statement!)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all, Can anyone tell me if there is a HiFi amp on the market, similer to the Onkyo 609 HT amp? What I'm looking for is an amp that can stream Spotify from a Mac wirelessly, has a phono stage but no CD Player. I've been looking at the Denon CEOL, but wouldn't need the CD Player functionality. I know at that price there's very little to complain about, but don't see the point in paying for a function that I would never use! I've tried looking around the forums and have done the usual google searches, but haven't come across anything (or I'm being very stupid).

Thanks as always.

A

Anonymous

There you go. Ticks all the boxes except Airplay (which I missed in my original message anyway). But I guess being able to stream music from Itunes to via DNLA is the same thing right?

Crocodile

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
Not quite.

I'm no expert on Airplay by any means but my understanding is that it essentially remotely plays iTunes, including gapless playback. By streaming direct from DLNA, the amp will be talking directly to the files on the Mac & will lose gapless playback. You'l need a DLNA server running on the Mac.

But better to post on the thread I linked to where owners can give better advice. I only played with one for a day or so & not with itunes.

A

Anonymous

Cheers Crocodile. As soon as I hit return to reply, I thought, 'I'm pretty sure there's going to be a catch with Itunes'! I guess the workaround would be to get an airport express and connect to the Onkyo via optical.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts