Spotify, come guys whats going on

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Come on spotify ever since you won the what hifi 2011 awards things have slowly gone down hill while its about time you enabled gapless tracks whats going on with certain tracks failing to play album covers missing, im paying a premium here i expect it to work properly.

i know you are making improvments for our benefit but at the moment things are getting worse im thinking of cancelling my subscribtoin until things improve

anybody else having these problems or is it just me

regards 80's boy

T

the record spot

The premium bit just stops adverts appearing; the rights to play certain tracks are usually the issue for most folk and tracks dropping out of albums, etc. A pain I know but still worth the tenner a month for me.

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
80s boy said:
Come on spotify ever since you won the what hifi 2011 awards things have slowly gone down hill while its about time you enabled gapless tracks whats going on with certain tracks failing to play album covers missing, im paying a premium here i expect it to work properly. i know you are making improvments for our benefit but at the moment things are getting worse im thinking of cancelling my subscribtoin until things improve anybody else having these problems or is it just me regards 80's boy

You are about right '80s boy', reliabuility seems to come and go, reminds me of the instabulity Windows sometimes exhibits? . . . I pay for the 'unlimited' service, from what I'm reading, Premium seems to be worse?

My feelings are similar, cancell????? then it comes good, I relent . . . :?

CJSF

johnnyblue

Nov 3, 2008
Visit site
Funnily enough I nearly started a thread on this subject myself earlier today, but then I unplugged everything; phone jack, router,etc and plugged back in and its been ok since,although I suspect this might just be coincidence.

I recall a couple of years ago, just after it was starting to get very popular in UK, looking at the Spotify forum and there were lots of Scandinavians with similar gripes that we have now.Maybe it's because they're rolling it out in the USA?I don't know, but it's very annoying.

A

Anonymous

I was talking about this tonight.

It keeps pausing, I lose tracks. The problem is that for a tenner, you can get much else.

Any opinions on other services?

Matt

bemaniac

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
amazing unlimited 320kb/s unmatched on any other streaming network and never in the history of the 2 years I've used the service for 3 hours a night has a song skipped. The new gapless is faultless and amazing. I do have a 100mb connection with 3ms ping though so maybe your networks are letting you down guys?

T

the record spot

Yes, agreed. Good point; I think this falls at the network and service provider than Spotify.

johnnyblue

Nov 3, 2008
Visit site
Yeah, we're virtually at the end of the line from our exchange so never expect a great connection although it is usually 3.5mbps, but Spotify has been very unreliable of late,even when speedtest, for example, is stable.

Maybe the OP should try unplugging everything and see what happens (after plugging back in,of course).

A

Anonymous

Having unplugged everything im still getting the occational track that wont play unless i skip to a track that plays then when i skip back to the unplayable track it now seems to play.

also this happens whether i use my ipod touch laptop or spotify through my tivo box ive also got 30meg download speed and the tivo box has 10meg also i never had this problem until recently i know spotify are improving there service so maybe things are a little unsettled at the moment.

i also agree that there isnt another better provider out there and its not like im suddenly gonna stop using them its just frustrating when all you want to do is sit back relax and listen some decent music but when it keeps stopping at certain tracks it kinda frustrates me a little. hense the rant yesterday.

regards

80s boy

johnnyblue

Nov 3, 2008
Visit site
I've just taken a look at Spotify Community Forums and there are a lot of angry people there with the same problems and complaining that Spotify aren't answering emails or queries. Currently,I'm just getting one track at a time, but earlier it was playing fine.I wonder if it's got something to do with when the majority of users start using it.Not enough bandwidth,maybe?

Fuzzy Bear

Jan 19, 2009
Visit site
My girldfriend does not have premium, and she has had similar problems. Very buggy, play button not working when music is playing etc, it's not been very useable recently but don;t think it's just premium accounts.

johnnyblue

Nov 3, 2008
Visit site
I might just be lucky but Spotify seems to be working okay again.Don't know if it has anything to do with the fact that I did a Windows Update or whether it's just that Spotify have sorted the problems, but if you're still having probs and don't update regularly (my last one was nearly a year ago),it might be worth giving it a go.

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm a Spotify Premium subscriber and consider the tenner per month a bargain. For the most part, I can put any glitches I have had down to network and computer problems. Rarely have I had cause to shake my fist in the air and cry: "Damn You Spotify!"

Mind you, being of a certain age, I find the growing emphasis on social networking a bit of a bore. :shame:

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
The issue seems to be with Sonos & Spotify. My desktop and mobile versions work just fine, but I've been struggling lately with the Sonos version. I've re-booted each zone and it helps for a while, but all too often I get a lost connection to Spotify.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I too have had difficulties with Sonos & spotify. It is a relatively common problem on Sonos forums and despite a claimed fix has not been fully resolved. I contacted Sonos help and supplied diagnostic info but they concluded they could not resolve the problems fully, but were working for overall improvements. Reboots sometimes help me too, as does restarting Sonos in my laptop, but neither fix works every time.

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I have been successfully using premium with no problems for about twocyears. That was until the last update! now Spotify crashes regularly. Freezing up the whole computer sometimes. It plays just one song regularly in a whole playlist. Stops and starts with slow searching.

I have sent them a letter giving them a month to resolve the issues. Other wise ......Adios. After all its a premium service. I really hope they get it sorted. Over £100 year for something that works occasionally is not on.

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Entirely understandable.

I can't claim to have been using Spotify much this last week as I have been trying out other music sources myself, but it still remains my principal method of trying out new music.

johnnyblue

Nov 3, 2008
Visit site
Don't have Sonos so that's not an issue for us.It's also definitely not anything to do with internet connection or provider as we could surf the web quite happily even though Spotify was playing up.For non-Sonos users it's either a problem with Spotify, which would not be for the first time, or possibly your PC.

In my experience it's usually a problem with Spotify.I think,basically, that they have too many users and not enough bandwidth to serve them all.There were similar problems in Scandinavia when they first rolled the service out in the UK,so it might be something to do with them entering the US market.I think it's long overdue that they stopped the free service and just have subscribers.We pay £4.99 for unlimited and wouldn't object to paying an extra couple of quid a month for a completely reliable service.

Regarding the PC,I mention it because last week I downloaded Windows updates for both our desktop and laptop, which I hadn't done for about a year,and Spotify has worked fine ever since.It may be coincidence, but if you don't update regularly it might also be worth a try.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts