spotify bit rates

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
This has probably been churned over numerous times but how do I know what bit rate is encoded in the 'premium' version? Last year they said that the aim is to encode the whole catalog at higher rates. Has that happened?

I'm happy with the occasional ad but found I now use spotify more than I used to so no ads would suit fine, as would better sound quality though again, most music sounds ... perfectly musical but there is always room for improvement ...

Thanks guys

idc

Premium is 320kbps using OggVorbis. When you get the Premium subscription you go into Edit and Preferences and then check the enable high bit rate box in Sounds. Not all tracks have the higher bit rate, but I think it is less than 10%.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
idc:Premium is 320kbps using OggVorbis. When you get the Premium subscription you go into Edit and Preferences and then check the enable high bit rate box in Sounds. Not all tracks have the higher bit rate, but I think it is less than 10%.

Thanks Idc. It's not too important ultimately but how do you come to that figure of 10%? Odd they don't seem to have this info displayed when the premium selling point is better quality ...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts