Splendid Spendor

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have my mind set on the new Spendor A6s and want some recommendations for a suitable integrated amp between 2,000 and 2,500GBP. I have the new Krell S300i and Moon I-3.3 in mind, and, at a stretch (and a fat discount from the dealer), the Plinius 9200.

Are there any others that I should have on the short list? Does anyone have any experience with Spendor speakers and the above amps (or predecessors of them) ?

(My main source is CD in the form of CA 840C)

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
oldgringo:ÿI have my mind set on the new Spendor A6s and want some recommendations for a suitable integrated amp between 2,000 and 2,500GBP. I have the new Krell S300i and Moon I-3.3 in mind, and, at a stretch (and a fat discount from the dealer), the Plinius 9200.
Are there any others that I should have on the short list? Does anyone have any experience with Spendor speakers and the above amps (or predecessors of them) ?

(My main source is CD in the form of CA 840C)ÿ

Don't know if this helps but at the Bristol S&V show yesterday Spendor were demoing the A6s with Cyrus gear.ÿ

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys, hadn't considered the Leema. I have a Cyrus pre and power at the moment and I'd like to move to a simpler set-up. Had enough of pre-power interconnets, upgraded power cables etc etc.

A

Anonymous

I cannot recommend the Plinius 9200 highly enough, especially due to its lovely phono stage.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Slovo:I cannot recommend the Plinius 9200 highly enough, especially due to its lovely phono stage.

I'll second that
emotion-21.gif

Happy auditioning - plenty of superb amps there to choose from.

A

Anonymous

the_lhc:oldgringo:ÿI have my mind set on the new Spendor A6s and want some recommendations for a suitable integrated amp between 2,000 and 2,500GBP. I have the new Krell S300i and Moon I-3.3 in mind, and, at a stretch (and a fat discount from the dealer), the Plinius 9200.

(My main source is CD in the form of CA 840C)ÿ

Don't know if this helps but at the Bristol S&V show yesterday Spendor were demoing the A6s with Cyrus gear.ÿ

I heard the A6s / Cyrus at the show - they were playing Diana Krall, or was it Eva Cassidy or was it Nora jones - they all sound(ed) the same

- anyway, the top end sounded a bit harsh to me.

A

Anonymous

Dare I suggest you look at eBay?

Yes, I know I'm a bit of an Alchemist nut, but there's an Alchemist Product 8 integrated amp and a Forseti Signature power amp for sale. In my view, these will easily out perfom and satisfy your demsnds, and work wonderfully with the Spendors.

You'll also have a completely British set-up!

Good luck

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
One amp that's usually overloked is the ATC integrated amp. Class A, 150wpc. I've only heard it in ATC systems, so an audition would be recommended (as with any amp you consider) with your intended speakers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts