DavidNorway

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I have some new (5 weeks) floorstanding speakers(system audio aura 30) i dont think they are avalible in the uk? anyway my question is they came with some rubber feet which i have been using but also with a set of metal nice looking spikes.My flooring is wood with a few rugs and sofa,no curtains! houses in norway are like this,will i get a better sound with the metal spikes? i can spend lots of time and change them to hear for myself but its a fair job,so i thought id ask the experts first!

Thanks in advance.

AEJim

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
Should be fine with the rubber feet - especially if you're using them on bare wood! You may get different character with each though there is no right or wrong.

A

Anonymous

the spikes should only be used to ground the speakers if they are sitting on something soft. If you use them on the wood, nothing bad will happen, but the rubber feet should offer better grip on the floor for the speaker units.

DavidNorway

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I think guys im going to try the spikes and hear what happens! they look so much better than the rubber ones.The spike comes with a small disc like a 5 pence,its not a one man job to position the spikes on to the discs,going to have to ask the wife to help out(could be interesting!) will see how it goes.The spikes will stand the speaker a little higher off the floor and i have the idea it will help take a little bass away which im trying to achieve.

seasiders rock

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
I have a wood laminate floor over concrete.

My Dali floorstanders sit on granite boards, spiked with Atcacama spike shoes.

Better bass, soundstage, etc, etc.
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

I have tiles over concrete floor an my floorstanders were booming no end. I used spikes and the problem resolved. I thought i had room resonances. The soundcare superspikes could be an interesting choice for you with their integrated spike shoes.

DavidNorway

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
After a few days of having changed to spikes i can say im very pleased with the results.The bass is a little tighter which i like,also the middle and treble are more detailed which is great,maybe its not really any different but it seems that way! big bonus is that they look so much better!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts