Spendor SA1 vs PMC DB1i

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Dears,

I've the possibility to buy at a special price these speakers.

I would like to read about your experiences with these two speaker :) I'm sure that someone have listened to them both!

All efforts are really appreciated :)

Thanks,

Marco

John Duncan

I preferred the DB1 with my particular amp. Or, more correctly, it didn't make me want to spend the 1100 quid it was going to cost, and in fact I went the other way to a 400 quid standmount. There are SA1 owners on here who will disagree, undoubtedly, and the fact that it's a closed box may influence your decision as it's more versatile in placement.

A

Anonymous

Can you drescribe the main differences you have percived between these two speaker?

I also know that the PCM can work quite well also at low volume listening, what you can say about the spendor?

thanks again,

Marco

A

Anonymous

I haven't heard the PMCs but was blown away by the musicality of the Spendors when I heard them on the end of an admittedly pricy combination of Naim Supernait and HDX. I would imagine they have more to offer than the PMCs but it depends on your partnering equipment and musical tastes.

Eric2

Aug 1, 2008
Visit site
I listened to both and ended buying the SA1. Both good speakers but found the SA1 to be more refined and detailed.
The bass on the PMC worked slightly better for some hard hitting rock music but they also boomed when close to the wall.

My speakers need to be fairly close to the wall so the sealed box of the SA1 was an easy choice. If you can demo them I would - they sound very different.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
james_phillips7@yahoo.co.uk:I haven't heard the PMCs but was blown away by the musicality of the Spendors when I heard them on the end of an admittedly pricy combination of Naim Supernait and HDX. I would imagine they have more to offer than the PMCs but it depends on your partnering equipment and musical tastes.

I wonder what your email address is....hmmmmm.....

A

Anonymous

Eric2:I listened to both and ended buying the SA1. Both good speakers but found the SA1 to be more refined and detailed.
The bass on the PMC worked slightly better for some hard hitting rock music but they also boomed when close to the wall.

My speakers need to be fairly close to the wall so the sealed box of the SA1 was an easy choice. If you can demo them I would - they sound very different.

Thanks Eric!

I'm also obliged to use them near a wall.. and I DON'T like boomines... ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts