Spec a wireless system

acoignac

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Need some help please for a novice. I have spent ages trawling the internet but struggling to find what i want. Here is the list of simple requirements.

An amp that can power at least 2 speakers at around 50W each, has a built in cd player and can be expanded by adding additional wireless speakers to it.

I want to be able to stream music to this amp from my andriod smart phone and also a Windows 7 PC and my ipod nano with bluetooth (this is second priority). From my PC i would use Spotify and itunes. I could use media player if i have to but now itunes has infected my pc with its appleness changing anything seems a battle.

The Marantz CR610 seems the best option so far, i could add a bluetooth transmitter to add other bluetooth speakers however i think i would have to choose which output to use on the Marantz and wouldn't be able to play the main wired speakers and the wireless ones at the same time. This could work if i could connect a bluetooth transmitter to the second set of speaker outputs but i doubt a transmitter exists for this as it would have to deal with the already amplified high power outputs.

My demands dont seem very complex but seem impossible to find. Any wireless music system doesnt have a cd player and only offers options to connect to other existing amps (e.g. sonon connect) or plug in a different cd player (e.g. connect amp) but then i wont be able to control the cd player from my phone or pc.

I am willing to pay upto £1000 including speakers.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site

The hi-fi industry is pretty slow at catching up with this sort of technology, it still tends to view it all with a degree of suspicion.

Getting all the features you want is not that difficult, but the multiple interfaces and particularly the control systems (remotes, apps etc) can be really tedious. I've grappled with the Marantz control app and don't much like it, the family simply would not use it, considering it too 'geeky'.

The best and most flexible system I know of is the Sonos, by no means does it tick all your boxes but some creative thinking on your part might solve that.

acoignac

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
With the Marantz system do you have much flexibility on which output is powered? On the CR610 it looks like it has 2 sets of speaker outputs and one analogue output. Are these three always on or just one or two?

If they are always on, or the analogue output is always on then i think i can get what i want. I could connect a bluetooth transmitter to the analogue output and the connect other bluetooth speakers to it.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
acoignac said:
With the Marantz system do you have much flexibility on which output is powered? On the CR610 it looks like it has 2 sets of speaker outputs and one analogue output. Are these three always on or just one or two?

If they are always on, or the analogue output is always on then i think i can get what i want. I could connect a bluetooth transmitter to the analogue output and the connect other bluetooth speakers to it.

The line out is always on and is at a fixed level, you Bluetooth speakers would need individual volume controls, not difficult just a functional thing you need to be aware of.

Driving two sets of normal speakers is possible but should be approached with care, this presents a difficult load to the amplifier which could struggle if asked to play quite loud or for long periods of time.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts