Speakers to match Sugden amp?

tonky

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
Given the modest power output of the Sugden A21se amp what speakers might be the best match for them up to 1000 pounds price.

Thanks TK

A

Anonymous

I am using Sugden A21SE with my Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Baby Grand (91 dB) successifuly. It was very difficult to find an amplifier for VA's. I tried many of them. It needs high damping factor in amplifiers like Bryston. But when I tried them with Sugden I noticed that "Sugden is medicine for VA's". Only 2 X 40 W pure Class A amplifier is very sufficient for these power hungry speakers surprisingly.

May be Vienna Acoustics Mozart more suitable for Sugden.

Also I have taken good results with Sugden A21SE Proac 130 speakers

Best Wishes

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Contax"]I am using Sugden A21SE with my Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Baby Grand (91 dB) successifuly[/quote]

I shall think they sounded very nice together
emotion-21.gif

but my momey will be on a pair of Sonus Faber Momento :)

tonky

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the comments and suggestions. I have just recently bought a pair of Epos ES14 speakers (preowned). They are very good. I wonder if the 25 watt Sugden will power them. I am a bit cash strapped at the moment and am leaning to the CA 840A version 2 amp. I have heard been demo'd the V1 and was impressed with it (better than the Nat 5i in my opinion). The diff in price is 650 GBP and that is some price saving!

Thanks TK

A

Anonymous

Hi, If you like the Sudgen look at a Sonneteer Campion, it will go well with the Epos, it's a lovely sweet refined sounding amplifier that leaves you just listening to the music and stops you worrying about upgrading for a long time.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts