Speakers to match my Cyrus combo

Pete Shields

Sep 23, 2008
Visit site
I feel that my old trusty (and in perfect condition) 15 year Mission 751's are the weakest link in the rest of my system, whose backbone consist of my Cyrus 6s and 6vs2 cd and amp combination.

I prefer standmounts and my wife has told me they need to be black. She's also set me a budget of £500, but I could stretch that considerably if needed (the wonders of seperate bank accounts!

Any suggestions on speakers that would give a good tonal balance to my system and give a marked improvement on my system.

thanks

Pete

A

Anonymous

I think it is hard to beat the Spendor Cyrus combination - The SA1's are fantastic or if floorstanders the A5's are perfect in a smaller room and partner well with the Cyrus.

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
I agree with bfw, I tried the spendors when I demo'd the Cyrus 8 XPD and CD 8 SE......however both are considerably more than £500.00 and would involve a fair amount of stretching, unless you can get a second hand or ex demo pair on that well known auction site. I would think the predecessor to the A5se or something would also be a good match.

Pete Shields

Sep 23, 2008
Visit site
Seperate credit cards = considerable stretchability of funds

This is a big investment for me, so I'm going to wait until the Manchester show, to see whats available and possibly get a good deal....it will be interesting to see which speakers are used in the Cyrus room.

Only concern I have is that Spendor are not displaying at the show....

A

Anonymous

The musical evening, as my dealer described it, was a purely Cyrus / Spendor event and having spken to the Cyrus guy he was gushing about the Spendor Cyrus combination as was Peter Swift - who owns Spendor.

My dealer - Noel Cloney of cloneyaudio.com - is in the business for years - I bought my first Linn turntable from when I was 21 and that was in 1982! -and he was also very impressed - his words before I bought - "I heard the A5 at the Bristol Hi-Fi show last weekend and they sounded very good" - and - "I agree the Spendor A5's are really good"

A

Anonymous

Try the spendor S3E standmounts. If you shop around, you should be able to get them for your budget. They will sound lovely with the cryus kit.

See my sig, I have them as well. Just stick them on a pair of partington's, and away you go.

Also, keeps the lady of the house pleased, as it is actually on price, so no need to pull a fast one with her lol

TRENDING THREADS