Speakers for Yamaha DSP 763

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everybody,

I'm looking forward to my first system but can't decide which speakers to choose! Music and movies let's say 50 / 50 percent.Willing to spend under 1000 but not necessarily (with subwoofer).

WHARFEDALE DIAMOND 9 HCP / DIAMOND 9.1AV, Q ACOUSTICS 1010i, TANNOY F1 CUSTOM 5.1, or MA BR2s, or Mordaunt-Shorts?

Which are worth a listening (for this receiver)? I heard MS902s and B&W 685s. Those were great

Subs: Velodyne CHT8/10 or some MJ 50MKII would be better than the above?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
If you can go up to £1000 without the subwoofer, the B&W 685 Theatre package is about £900 without the sub and is an awesome surround package (685 fronts, HTM62 centre and 686 rears).

A

Anonymous

I know they're good, but 1000 is my limit with subwoofer. Or maybe now just a pair of 685's and a subwoofer and upgrade later when my funds allow. Or a complete surround speakers set...

A

Anonymous

Apart from the B&W package I think this will outperform any of the others in your list by a country mile and is going for bargain prices these days.

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
Hi - I have the BR5 (ex sub) package with the 763 and am very impressed with the sound although I have not heard any other combinations but feel it would be hard to beat in this price range. I imagine the BR2 package will be just as good.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies!

What are the differences:

if I use a dedicated BD player or

if use a notebook equipped with blu-ray reader through hdmi?

I am so confused with this new decoders / interfaces... :(

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
Your blu ray player/drive will need to be able to either send the hd sound in bitstream to a suitable AV which would then decode it or the blu-ray player/drive will decode it itself and send the sound to the AV in LPCM form. All blu ray players will tell you in the specification whether it can:

1) Decode hd formats and which ones

2) Accept hd formats and send them to another source for decoding

3) Do both

Not sure about computer based blu ray drives but check the spec. If you get the 763 amp this decodes all current hd sound formats so effectively you only need a blu ray drive/player capable of sending the sound in bitstream.

TRENDING THREADS