Speakers for Roksan Kandy K2

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

shep1968

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
Covenanter said:
As I posted elsewhere I wouldn't buy the K2! Not a musical amplifier by any means. My audition showed to me at least that the Marantz PM8005 is materially better.

Chris
I wouldnt buy the kandy either. Have heard it with a couple of speakers but with the Kef LS50 it sounded truly awful!!

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
shep1968 said:
Covenanter said:
As I posted elsewhere I wouldn't buy the K2! Not a musical amplifier by any means. My audition showed to me at least that the Marantz PM8005 is materially better.

Chris
I wouldnt buy the kandy either. Have heard it with a couple of speakers but with the Kef LS50 it sounded truly awful!!

Enjoy the 70's Class B kit amp technology mate. ;)

jimmy1973

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Having recently replaced a pair of AVI Neutron v's with a pair of Dynaudio DM 2/7's i can safely say the combination of these with the Roksan Kandy 2 is sheer musical nirvana, heavenly in fact - i never knew HI-FI could sound this majestic!

As nice and transparent as the AVI's were i just felt they lacked the overall depth that the Dynaudios offer, at times they felt shouty and a little hard past 10 o'clock on the amp. The Dynaudios in contrast just sing and have an incredible richness and one hell of a bass thump with the powerful current of the Roksan running into it.

FWIW, i think the Roksan is a hi-fi gem and seemingly a love or hate piece of kit, this disciple is truly indoctrinated!.

A perfect match :cheer: :grin:

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I have a Roksan Kandy Amp and have demo'd loads of speakers - Wharfedale Jade 5, Monitor Audio Rx6, Dynaudio DM7 but the speakers that souded the best to me was the Kef R300 - much more emotion - I have put down deposit and waiting to pay off to collect in next months carnt wait

You should listen for your self though

TRENDING THREADS