Speakers for Rega Brio R

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
BigH said:
stevebrock said:
plastic penguin said:
stevebrock said:
Dreamcatchers are indeed remarkable little things!

N-n-n-n-n-no. Don't even think about it. ;)

what?

i demoed them remember but got the rs3 instead

Think you said no bass?

I wanted to demo them but no dealers stocked them in my area.

Yes that right, that was the problem with the RS1 - a bit lean on bass in my new lounge - however I loved the RS1 they were a fantatsic lovely musical speaker and great for a small room - they are now used as rears in my AV set up.

The Dreamcatchers are very similar ro the RS1 - but so much better - they sound fantastic but as soon as you pushed them they lost there way on the bass which was to be expected.

One of the main reasons I went for RS3 is because of the so called 'rega synergy' match my rears, sounded better than the Xcite X12 & R100 in 'my' system and they look nice and have a small footprint for a floorstander.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I did not like the RS1s at all, they sounded very veiled and closed- in, the B&W CM1s were somewhat better. But try them and the Kef R100s. Another one to try are the AE301s if you can find them. The Epos also worth a try if you can find them.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
BigH said:
I did not like the RS1s at all, they sounded very veiled and closed- in, the B&W CM1s were somewhat better. But try them and the Kef R100s. Another one to try are the AE301s if you can find them. The Epos also worth a try if you can find them.

funny isnt it how we all 'hear' speakers!

I demoed some KEF Q series last year - oh my god they were awful with a Brio R to my ears - closed in & dull

BigH said:
stevebrock said:
plastic penguin said:
stevebrock said:
Dreamcatchers are indeed remarkable little things!

N-n-n-n-n-no. Don't even think about it. ;)

what?

i demoed them remember but got the rs3 instead

Think you said no bass?

I wanted to demo them but no dealers stocked them in my area.

Know the Dreamcatchers are titchy but I find puzzling. One thing that Totem always gets noted for is their strong, taut bass. It's equally the same with the Arros.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Know the Dreamcatchers are titchy but I find puzzling. One thing that Totem always gets noted for is their strong, taut bass. It's equally the same with the Arros.

Yes but I think they are only 4" woofers so there are limits to what they will produce in the bass department.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts