• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Speakers for Rega Brio R

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

stevebrock

New member
Nov 13, 2009
183
0
0
BigH said:
stevebrock said:
plastic penguin said:
stevebrock said:
Dreamcatchers are indeed remarkable little things!
N-n-n-n-n-no. Don't even think about it. ;)
what?

i demoed them remember but got the rs3 instead
Think you said no bass?

I wanted to demo them but no dealers stocked them in my area.
Yes that right, that was the problem with the RS1 - a bit lean on bass in my new lounge - however I loved the RS1 they were a fantatsic lovely musical speaker and great for a small room - they are now used as rears in my AV set up.

The Dreamcatchers are very similar ro the RS1 - but so much better - they sound fantastic but as soon as you pushed them they lost there way on the bass which was to be expected.

One of the main reasons I went for RS3 is because of the so called 'rega synergy' match my rears, sounded better than the Xcite X12 & R100 in 'my' system and they look nice and have a small footprint for a floorstander.
 

BigH

New member
Dec 29, 2012
97
1
0
I did not like the RS1s at all, they sounded very veiled and closed- in, the B&W CM1s were somewhat better. But try them and the Kef R100s. Another one to try are the AE301s if you can find them. The Epos also worth a try if you can find them.
 

stevebrock

New member
Nov 13, 2009
183
0
0
BigH said:
I did not like the RS1s at all, they sounded very veiled and closed- in, the B&W CM1s were somewhat better. But try them and the Kef R100s. Another one to try are the AE301s if you can find them. The Epos also worth a try if you can find them.
funny isnt it how we all 'hear' speakers!

I demoed some KEF Q series last year - oh my god they were awful with a Brio R to my ears - closed in & dull
 

plastic penguin

Well-known member
Apr 28, 2008
1,725
147
19,870
BigH said:
stevebrock said:
plastic penguin said:
stevebrock said:
Dreamcatchers are indeed remarkable little things!
N-n-n-n-n-no. Don't even think about it. ;)
what?

i demoed them remember but got the rs3 instead
Think you said no bass?

I wanted to demo them but no dealers stocked them in my area.
Know the Dreamcatchers are titchy but I find puzzling. One thing that Totem always gets noted for is their strong, taut bass. It's equally the same with the Arros.
 

BigH

New member
Dec 29, 2012
97
1
0
plastic penguin said:
Know the Dreamcatchers are titchy but I find puzzling. One thing that Totem always gets noted for is their strong, taut bass. It's equally the same with the Arros.
Yes but I think they are only 4" woofers so there are limits to what they will produce in the bass department.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS