Floorstanders to pair well with Rega Brio

ProgRockVinyl

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Been a long time since I posted on here. Got some catching up to do.

Currently running some Q acoustics 2020i with my Onkyo A-9010 and a Rega planar P1 (upgraded acrylic platter and audio techinca VM95ml cartridge). Occasionally I stream Spotify through an old chromecast audio, but usually just running a Vinyl only setup.

It’s been a tough year personally , but it’s ending better that it started and the wife has informed me that Santa might be bringing me a Rega Brio (current model).

We’ve moved house to somewhere a little bigger and would like to find a good pair of floorstanders to go with the Brio.

Trying to keep the budget with the values of the Brio and the P1 as spending £1000+ on speakers wouldn’t be worth it as the front end and amp aren’t worth £1000 combined.

Currently the system is bi-wired but it’s not a deal breaker.

ideas?

So what is your maximum budget and what size is your room?
i guess we could name quite a few but it would be ideal if you could get to actually audition them yourself.
Presume there are some stores around that you can visit?

Last edited:

matthewpianist

If your wedded to the idea of floor standers I would recommend trying to listen to the Acoustic Energy AE109 Mk2 with the Brio. I've listened to a few affordable floor standers lately, and the AEs were the ones which pulled me into the music the most. The Brio will have no trouble getting the best out of them.

Also worth listening to are the Monitor Audio Bronze 200 and Dali Oberon 5.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts