Speakers for Primare A20 mk2

ekkn

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I am new to hifi, and I am trying to get started on a small budget by buying used and good value components

Currently I have:

Primare A20 mk2 "bought used"

Arcam rpac dac

And I want to upgrade my Dali Lektor 1's

I am looking at the following speakers:

Q acoustics 2050i

Monitor Audio Bronze BX5

Please give me your oppinion.

John Duncan

Personally I'm more of a fan of stand mounts in this price range so would be inclined to look at something like the KEF R100.

I personally had Diamond 9.1s and then AVI neutron Vs on the end of my A20 mk2 and was looking for a better stand mount when I changed direction and got a Uniti and PMCs instead, but I only really tried the Spendor SA1s which didn't really do it for me.

Of the two that you mention though, I am probably a bigger fan of Q Acoustics than MA.

Ketan Bharadia

Jun 7, 2007
Visit site
Providing you have the space I think the Q Acoustics will work really well with your Primare. They aren't quite as lively as your Dalis but will deliver a bigger, more dynamic sound with greater refinement. They'll have much deeper bass too.

ekkn

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your replies.

The main reason why I wanted to upgrade my speakers was that I was really disapointed with the overall performance of the Dali Lektor 1, I had expected a lot, since the setup with the primare and the lektor 1's was a huge upgrade compared to the old sony setup I had.

So last night, after reading som reviews mentionening the importance of the speaker placement, I made an experiment with my Lektor 1's. I placed them on 2 cafe tables about 50cm from the wall and 70cm high. Before they were mounted on the wall about 170 cm high.

And I was really surprised what a difference it made, the sound was suddenly moch more detailed and dynamic, and the bass was more prenounced.

So I am gonna give my Dali Lektor 1's a second chance, and spend 75 punds on som Atacama duo floor stands instead of 600 pounds on new speakers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts