speakers for cyrus system ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

From one happy VA owner to another (well, by the 27th anyway). Glad you found a solution.

Like me you will have to live with the flaws in the CDs which will now be apparent - mainly down to the mastering process trying to get every last ounce of volume out of the CD at the sacrifice of dynamic range. BUT at least now you can enjoy all the other CDs knowing you are hearing everything...

alan harknett

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
While my speakers burn-in I'v returned to the Chord chameleon plus cable as i found the Anthems were too bright for now, still useing my old van den hull speaker leads and if the sound stays like it is I shall leave well alone . A very happy camper (for the time being !). Know about that pre-amp....!

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Look no further than the DACxp+, to which you'll be able to upgrade your current pre-amp to.

When I was at Cyrus for the launch of their streamers, they were playing them through some floorstanding Viennas (may very well be what you have). Obviously this was using the DACxp+ pre-amp, and when streaming music, all I can say is that what I heard sounded very vinyl like. The DACxp+ is a wide open window into your music collection, and every time I hear it through the KEF Blades, I'm reminded every time why it sounds so good.

With a better DAC than your CD8se, it'll improve your CD playback greatly, as well as vastly improving your pre-amplifier section. See if you can get one on loan from your local Cyrus dealer and see for yourself :)

alan harknett

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Dave, will do just that when funds return to normal and the misses has forgotten how much i'v just spent (nothing gets passed her) it just so happens that she love's the sound of the system now as well.

alan harknett

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Quick update on my system so far, loving the Vienna's just about run in now and playing around with different cables I am useing a set of old Linn interconnects between pre-amp and CD player replacing the Chord Chamelion at the moment and i'm trying some Monster speaker cables which has changed the sound to deeper "very low" base and all harshness has gone. Have to keep swaping things around to double check treble,mid and base and think i'v reached the best yet but i'm aware of getting too involved in the HI FI and not enjoying the music which i must repeat is amazing to have eventually reached this level of quality at long last. Led Zepplin and all those old groups on CD are sounding good as well as the new stuff, i did'nt think this was going to be possible with the problems of modern compression recording but at the moment i'm happy. Still thinking on upgrading my pre-amp will demo soon but i'm in no rush !

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
alan harknett said:
Quick update on my system so far, loving the Vienna's just about run in now and playing around with different cables I am useing a set of old Linn interconnects between pre-amp and CD player replacing the Chord Chamelion at the moment and i'm trying some Monster speaker cables which has changed the sound to deeper "very low" base and all harshness has gone. Have to keep swaping things around to double check treble,mid and base and think i'v reached the best yet but i'm aware of getting too involved in the HI FI and not enjoying the music which i must repeat is amazing to have eventually reached this level of quality at long last. Led Zepplin and all those old groups on CD are sounding good as well as the new stuff, i did'nt think this was going to be possible with the problems of modern compression recording but at the moment i'm happy. Still thinking on upgrading my pre-amp will demo soon but i'm in no rush !

If that is a set of Linn Blacks you are now using, I think they are under-rated and sound very well.....if you want the same idea but much better, try Linn Silvers (still all copper). For speaker cable look to Telurium Q and Atlas (keep the detail without the brightness).

alan harknett

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Cnoevil will try and demo if i can get hold of them locally, have herd good things about the speaker cable you mention.Linn cable i'm trying was a cable that came with my old Linn Classic and power amp system i'v now moved to the bedroom. I'm not shaw what the cable is but it has changed the sound from the Chord cables / van den hull combination.

alan harknett said:

Quick bit of advice: Enjoy your set-up. This upgrade malarky can tip you over the edge, enjoy those Viennas and take in the sweet music...;)

Simon Lines

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I have listened to that combo with Spendors PMC's Pro-Ac's B&W's Monitor Audio's and AE's.Rega's do not go with that set up really and Rega Jura speakers sound nothing like Monitor Audio's but suppose everybody has different ears.The Best combo I heard was AE1mk3 with that Cyrus combo but would use 1 or 2 B&W PV1 subs if you like a lot of base and the speed of the bass will keep up with the AE's and use Chord Epic twin speaker cable and one of the better Chord interconnects probably Signature they work well even though Cyrus use DMN cables the Chord combo sounds better to me and others

TRENDING THREADS