speakers for Cyrus/Audiolab system

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Thinking of replacing my old Heybrook sextet floorstanders. Source is discmaster 8.0 into DAC x then 8000Q and 2 X 8000Ms. No particular beef with the Heybrooks just time for a change (about 17 years I think). I will keep the old speakers for another adventure in throwing away money.

I will sound out Monitor Audio PL 100s (but hate the dedicated stands) as well as Spendor A6 and Dynaudio X32 floorstanders. Any other suggestions? Not too price sensitive but I think anything more than the MA PL 100s with stands would be a bit OTT for the source and amps so, say, £1.5k - £3k range (including stands if required).

Music tastes are of no help as I like nearly everything - so need an all rounder. Room about 24' x 15', speakers firing across short side, and about 9' apart and preferably not standing in too much free space. Better half uses room a lot so looks matter.

thanks

A

Anonymous

Generally, the Dyns and Spendors, already cited, will match well with Audiolab amplification, being slightly on the warm side. The Mordaunt Shorts are probably a no though, they'll be too bright.
[EDITED BY MODS - HOUSE RULES]

A

Anonymous

Dr S

Thanks (I think) what informative advice has been deleted. I cannot believe you have been abusive.

Another mags link perhaps - ho hum.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts