Speakers for Arcam Set-up in 14x9 room

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Budget £700-ish, Current set-up Arcam CD73, A32, Project Debut III. Current speakers Wharfedale EVO2 30s. Hi everyone, after my recent purchase of the Arcam FMJ A32, I realised I needed some new speakers. The problem is, I'm not sure if floorstanders (which I currently have) are too large for my bedroom. Here's a photo, please evaluate whether you think it is nessisary for floor-standers or whether standmounts are best. I am currently stuck between the ProAc Tablette Reference 8 Signatures, the PMC DB1i, the Spendor S3e, The Neat Motives or the Rega R5. However, I feel the floorstanders may not be suited.
2337508788_a6bb17c13f.jpg

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
I thought the Wharfy only arrived few months ago!??? you are nearly as bad as me mate.

The speakers are far too closed together and at the moment you can only hear 50% of what your system can do! However I understand that buying a new home to accomedate your speakers would be considering an action of madness (I know one person that did just that though!)

[quote user="Hughes123"]I am currently stuck between the ProAc Tablette Reference 8 Signatures, the PMC DB1i, the Spendor S3e, The Neat Motives or the Rega R5. However, I feel the floorstanders may not be suited. [/quote]

I don't know where that short list came from but they are superb choices of speakers under £1000. May I please add Amphion Argon2 on your list as I feel that these little beauty will be the answer in your system......hard to find but well worth the time as effort as this amphion will add the sense of "being there!"

A

Anonymous

Okay, cheers Thaiman! Yes the Wharfys did only arrive at xmas, but I am still going to use them in the gym (ie the garage) with my JVC A-X5 and Pioneer DV-444 player. I will move the speakers futher apart, its that stupid wardrobe that's in the way! Those Amphion Argon2 speakers are really nice though - I love the design! Just gotta find myself a retailer - you don't happen to know any in London or anywhere south of Birmingham do you?

I'm currently tidying out the garage, so I'll get back to you this evening on the relocation of the speakers! Cheers!

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I have posted an answer on your previous Arcam thread regarding speakers but after seeing your set up I have to agree that you seriously need to re-think your system placement and thats an understatement!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="drummerman"]
I have posted an answer on your previous Arcam thread regarding speakers but after seeing your set up I have to agree that you seriously need to re-think your system placement and thats an understatement!
[/quote]

he he he....I will do!

John Duncan

As a DB1+ owner, I'm keen to hear the DB1i (Andrew has been raving about it), but the Proac Signature is definitely in the top five speakers I've ever heard (just couldn't afford them at the time, though may have to shortly).

A

Anonymous

Actually, do ProAc make a small floorstanding version (about Naim Neat Motive2 size) version? Under £1000?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts