Speakers for a Denon micro system

NJB

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Wife has been using an old Hitachi cd system in the conservatory, but the laser has died and it is not worth fixing. My fav high street HiFi shop, calls me a VIP, and I am going to throw some cash their way. The Denon DM40 does what I need, and comes with several speaker options. In order of package price, they are Q Acoustics 2010i, Q Acoustics 3020, Dali Zensor 1 and Monitor Audio Bronze 2.

Unfortunately, I need to buy blind. Can anybody comment on the Denon, and which speaker is best suited?

Check the dimensions carefully, so that you don't get a shock when you open the box. Make sure you can position them as recommended by the manufacturer. See if Richer Sounds will let you return them if you don't like the sound. Then buy the ones you like the look of, in the finish you prefer. And remember speaker cables with the correct terminations, uses you already have those.

And good luck!

Jfil

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
I just bought a Denon Ceol Piccolo n5 system and I need to upgrade speakers too. I only have three options: q-acoustics 2010i, 2020i or roth Oli ra1... Please tell me what you bought in the end! Thanks

NJB

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
nopiano said:
Check the dimensions carefully, so that you don't get a shock when you open the box. Make sure you can position them as recommended by the manufacturer. See if Richer Sounds will let you return them if you don't like the sound. Then buy the ones you like the look of, in the finish you prefer. And remember speaker cables with the correct terminations, uses you already have those.

And good luck!

I hear you, been doing this for a few years but just not in this market sector. Small is better and the Q Acoustics win hands down on that front. Placement will be random and so a speaker that can tolerate less than ideal positioning will sound better than a classier speaker that is struggling with close walls. The MA Bronze 2 seems to be the loser here, on both counts.

NJB

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Hi, so I managed to get to the shop. Curiously, I liked the Cambridge Audio SX50. A bit left field maybe, but they are coping well with the dodgy placement in my room. They are giving a warm and mellow sound, which the wife loves. Perfect, I am in the good books!

oh, and as is usual in my experience, Richer Sounds were really friendly. Thanks guys.

TRENDING THREADS