speakers for a cyrus prexvs, cd 8x, 8power and pxsr setup

scubasteve

Jul 6, 2007
Visit site
I upgraded to a new cyrus set-up recently and am running it through my B&W P5's. Am thinking of changing my speakers now as well. what would folks recommend. I have a large room but it is a strange shape. with the speakers directed toward a side space area.

If I am looking to spend approx 1500 pounds, what would folks suggest. stick with the P5's or move to something new

A

Anonymous

wilson benesch square 1 £1500

proac studio 140 £1440

b&w 704 £1400

make suse u have a listen before u buy mate that is serious money there

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Agree with all of the above - especially the Wilson Benesch pair, which are very flexible re positioning - but would also add the B&W 805S (If you can stretch to £1600 plus stands), and the Dali Mentor 2 (£1400 - but these demand great stands)

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
B&W 805s are great and I can see they work well with Cyrus.You could demo a pair of Triangle Altea Esw which is well under £1000, Fantastic for the price.

A

Anonymous

I think the Dynaudio Contour 1.4s are in that price range... good bass.....

jules.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="jules153"]

jules.
[/quote]

I use to be a "Dynadude" and still think they are great but somehow I got a feeling that they are not for Cyrus! imo

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Thaiman"][quote user="jules153"]

jules.

[/quote] I use to be a "Dynadude" and still think they are great but somehow I got a feeling that they are not for Cyrus! imo[/quote]

Bloke at Moorgate Acoustics in Sheffield said that the Dynaudio Focus 110's were the default choice for the Cyrus 8vs amp in his opinion....

A

Anonymous

Yes and few people over on the cyrusunofficial.co.uk forum also rate Dynaudio with Cyrus. Ian

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
I post as how I "personally" experienced it....no hidden agenda! If that what other people think that is fine by me. The Cyrus 7 couldn't drive my Contour 1.8 MK2 and 1.3 to their full potential which later on the Krell show how it's done. Like I said in many post....different people - different taste, trust your ears.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Going back to ScubaSteve's question re whether to replace the P5s at all.... Steve, only you can answer this for sure.

Take a good long listen to your set-up the way it is, then go along and listen to the same electronics with some of the speakers suggested here (and anything else that takes your fancy). Take along tracks you know and love, too.

I'm sure the dealer who sold you the Cyrus kit would be happy to set-up some demos.

A

Anonymous

at this moment running in a pair of w/b square ones with cyrus cd8x/8vs/pxsr/2 x 8 power in mono .can any one tell me if there is any diffrence between this setup as against running the the speakers with the 8 powers in stereo mode and biamping (sounds same to me) ralphyboy

A

Anonymous

[quote user="ralphyboy"]
can any one tell me if there is any diffrence between this setup as against running the the speakers with the 8 powers in stereo mode and biamping (sounds same to me)
[/quote]

That's what really matters, how it sounds to you. Some people prefer stereo, some mono, it's personal preference really. I use 2 Cyrus Mono X's and I'm more than pleased with my choice.

Not sure how long you've been running the mono set-up but my advice would be to do so for at least a week listening to some very familiar music then switch to stereo and play the same familiar music, maybe you'll hear the difference maybe you won't.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts