speakers cartridge and amp

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
hello all,just sold off my valve amps,what i hear you ask.anyway my son has stolen my tdl rtl 2 speakers and kindly,he says let me have his ms 906 speakers i will be using an audiolab 8000a a linn lp12 ittok arm, now i need a new cartridge and maybe some speakers,it all depends how the amp sounds with the ms speakers.at present i am using a grado prestige black on the deck and was thinking of a dynavector 10x5.i may just hold off on the cartridge but what speakers to go with the audiolab.price no more than £700.00.i am prepared to go 2nd hand.any thought greatly appreciated,gregory.

A

Anonymous

http://www.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=TANN-EYRIS2-WALN

dont be put off by the mere £500 price tag or the fact that they are 2 years hold just give them a listen this is a serious payr of floor standers that use yo cost £1000 i own a pair and they are fab

A

Anonymous

The Dynavector is a great choice for the Linn,I would recommend it highy,but you won't get the best out of it with the onboard stage on the Audiolab,it's a goos stage on the Audiolab,but the Linn and Dynavector would need something a bit more substantial.
You could also consider the Denons,103,110 etc.Later look at a better phono stage,such as the Dynavector P-75,Sonneteer Sedly,both work well with Dynavectors high out put MC carts.

For speakers with the Audiolab,try some older B&W,not the new ones,nor the old P range,but go back a few generations when the rememberd how to make music.Also consider some Epos m12.2,Revolver RW45 Second hand,I had a Audiolab,it needs careful partnering to avoid it sounding a bit grey and bass light,but it has a nice open midband.

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
thanks guys,phono stage will have to wait although i've heard rave reviews about the cambridge 640p,as for speakers i quite like the motive 2 as i may be upgrading the amp in the not to distant future.

A

Anonymous

oh yes,Motive twooooooos,lovely,the Cambridge is good,but it's no P 75 or Sedly beater.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts