Speaker War - Dali Zensor 1 or Q Acoustics 2020i?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I've only just arrived but have read loads of the forums and there are some knowledgeable folk out there - hope I can ick your brains?

I've just picked-up an old school NAD 7140 Receiver and I'm not sure about speakers. After reading about a millions reviews and comments etc etc and coupled with my budget I think I've finally narrowed it down to Q Acoustic 2020i's or Dali Zensor 1's. Both have got brilliant reviews and 5 stars. I'm a little bit put-off by the 2020i under-the-speaker connections but I'm mainly interested to know which will give me the best bass - I'm a bit reggae fan and also listen to a lot of classical music...

Many thanks in advance of any advice....

Craig

8)

John Duncan

Hi CraigM, and welcome to the forums. I predict a great deal of confusion between you and Craig.M...:)

The Zensors actually go a bit deeper: 53Hz compared to 64Hz for the Qs. Best bass is a subjective thing though, you might find that you prefer one over the other; are you able to hear either of them?

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
guess the dalis will be better at low volume pumping bass...but 2020i's will ROck at medium do high levels

krazy_olie

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Just to add to the mix

Just picked up a pair of boston acoustics a26, they are bassier than my kef q100 (larger woofer) although quite a soft and smooth sound from what I can tell so far. Will be swapping between the two until I decide which ones to keep myself. but just thought I'd add to the list.

A

Anonymous

Hi All,

thanks for the info/advice. Unfortunately I'm not able to get anywhere to hear either of these - though I onw that would be by far the best way of solving my conundrum. A later thought is that a pair of 2nd-hand B&W DM601 S3's might be better than both the above?

:mad:

matthewpiano

I have owned a large number of speakers, and still own a few, but I'm currently using Zensor 1s and I absolutely love them. Positioned about 20cm from the rear wall on solid stands they produce tuneful and surprisingly deep bass without booming like some other rear ported speakers can. The whole sound is supremely balanced and the midrange performance is staggering. I just love listening to them and I often feel like I'm listening to much more expensive speakers. At £179 they are a bargain.

ErwinC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
matthewpiano said:
The whole sound is supremely balanced and the midrange performance is staggering. I just love listening to them and I often feel like I'm listening to much more expensive speakers. At £179 they are a bargain.

Agreed, both the Dali Zensor 1 and Q Acoustics 2020i are incredible value for money and can compete with speakers costing much more IMO.

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
matthewpiano said:
I have owned a large number of speakers, and still own a few, but I'm currently using Zensor 1s and I absolutely love them. Positioned about 20cm from the rear wall on solid stands they produce tuneful and surprisingly deep bass without booming like some other rear ported speakers can. The whole sound is supremely balanced and the midrange performance is staggering. I just love listening to them and I often feel like I'm listening to much more expensive speakers. At £179 they are a bargain.

The Zensor's look good judging from reviews I have read online and in mag. I've just gone back to using my Lektor 2's and am very impressed by the musical performance. I've noticed you've gone back to NAD and Dali, what do you think of the Zensor 1's comapred to the Lektors 2? The specs seem much the same, Zensor 1 has smaller tweeter but very slightly larger bass woofer, boxes are smaller and doesn't quite reach the same low frequency that the Lektors do but overall very similar by the looks of it.

matthewpiano

Blackdawn said:
matthewpiano said:

The Zensor's look good judging from reviews I have read online and in mag. I've just gone back to using my Lektor 2's and am very impressed by the musical performance. I've noticed you've gone back to NAD and Dali, what do you think of the Zensor 1's comapred to the Lektors 2? The specs seem much the same, Zensor 1 has smaller tweeter but very slightly larger bass woofer, boxes are smaller and doesn't quite reach the same low frequency that the Lektors do but overall very similar by the looks of it.

Hard to do a full comparison as I no longer have the Lektor 2s, but I feel there is very little between them overall with the Zensors perhaps haven't a smidge more detail and openess. Both are fantastic speakers and both perform well above their price. For me Dali's speakers seem to get to the heart of the music.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts