Speaker Upgrade

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

SPAZTICUS

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
I like a clean analytical sound

I used to have a pair of Linn Index which went well with Naim

I like modern pop music,particularly vocals.

SPAZTICUS

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
If your room isn't too big, possibly Neat Motive SX3.

The Kef LS50s might also be a possibility.

Gamut Phi3 (smallish room - hard to find)

Left field suggestion: Usher N-6300

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
SPAZTICUS said:

Pretty much everything you are asking for is best delivered by the active speakers discussed above.

I understand that, as I hi-fi enthusiast you do not want to do that, so sadly you will chop and change between other peoples favourites and may or may not get lucky and get something you really like.

If you can not audition then it is going to be very difficult, entirely pot luck I am afraid. Sorry not to be more positive but the differences we are discussing are not subtle, but they may well mean different things to different people.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Mark Rose-Smith said:
I don't think I would have went for naim gear for a clean analytical sound...it's all about pace,rhythm and timing....music as a whole and not dissected...that's why I went with naim.I think you might want a rethink on electronics rather than speakers.....maybe.

This is true...but the OP likes the Naim....as DDC says, it's very hit and miss without a dem.

thewinelake.

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
It's terribly difficult to put this kind of thing in writing. I would have said that Naim is the opposite of clean and analytical. Go figure! However, as he claims to like the Naim sound, I would suggest that it's the words that neded tweaking ;-)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts