Speaker stands

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
In the past (with B&W 602 S2 and S3 speakers) i have always had them on Atacama stands (Nexus 5 & 6 and the older SE range; SE20 and SE24).

To me they sounded brilliant; more so when weighted down with atabites (i tried sand and didnt like it). I found that 4.5kg of atabites per stand worked out best (luckily enough that they come in 9kg tubs) - I did try more and less but the bass didnt sound right; went a bit muddy/wooley as the atabites got less/more!

Anyways...

What i want to read/hear are peoples opinions on other stands.]

I am going to get getting some very soon to go with B&W 685 speakers and have the following in mind:

Atacama SE24 (via eBay if at the right price and in good nick)!
Atacama SE6
Atacama Nexus 6
Partington Super Dreadnought stands
B&W FS-700 stands
Soundstyle Z2 stands

If you have them/or owned them; whats your feedback and would you go for the same again or an other pair?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Superb though they are, we'd say the Soundstyle Z2s are a tad lightweight for the B&W 685s, which thrive on a hefty base. We'd recommended the Partingtons, or the Atacamas well-weighted (and it sounds like you're sorted for Atabites!)

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Clare Newsome:(and it sounds like you're sorted for Atabites!)

You're right there Clare although they have been coming in handy for making Atlas Stones heavier... (I compete in Strongman events; similar to what you may have seen on TV).

Anyways; the Partingtons have taken my fancy. They look solid as well. Do they need to be mass loaded or are they alrady pre-loaded?

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Clare Newsome:They're pre-filled - and are damn heavy!

Thats all i needed to know :)

That comment sounds like something my other half would say if she was asked to explain me haha...

A

Anonymous

I don't know how much they cost now, but I have been using the Sonus Faber stands on my SF speakers for a few years.

They are brilliant, see here http://www.hifi-notes.com/sonusfaber1-en.htm#standmetalfixed

Simmel.

A

Anonymous

I can't speak directly to the B&W FS-700 stands; but I ordered the matching B&W stands (FS-805) for my 805s speakers. I was absolutely stunned by the difference they made. If the FS-700 stands have a similar effect on your speakers you would be very happy.

A

Anonymous

Clare Newsome:They're pre-filled - and are damn heavy!

ÿ

Hi, I have the Super Dreadnoughts, they didn't come filled, underneath there are 5 holes (for the 5 post, one large square in the middle and four small outer).

They have sort of end caps with them, the middle ones fit well but some of the outer ones seem quite loose!

So my question is: Are these tubes actually meant to be filled with something?ÿ

If so what, and wouldn't it fall back out ??

Thanksÿ

A

Anonymous

Hi, I'll put in my 2 cents worth and here's my thoughts. Ever considered other names like Totem? They have the t4 stands and ther built like a brick %#$! house. There heavy and would be a match for your b&w's. Very elegant looking stands. Check the Totem site. Cheers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts