Speaker stands for BIG monitors..

Moorhouses

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
Hi All,

Struggling to find myself some stands for my Dynaudio BM15A's.

The dimensions of said monitors are 290 x 388 but I'm struggling to find anything that is bigger than this..

I've got some old ones which are 200 x 200 but I worry they'll be unstable? That said, I can't seem to find any that are nearly big enough to plate the Dynaudios without going into silly prices.

Can anyone recommend anything?

Thanks.

Moorhouses said:
Hi All,

The dimensions of said monitors are 290 x 388 but I'm struggling to find anything that is bigger than this..

I've got some old ones which are 200 x 200 but I worry they'll be unstable? That said, I can't seem to find any that are nearly big enough to plate the Dynaudios without going into silly prices.

Thanks.

Might I suggest you find a local wrought iron company and give them some dimensions.

Failing that find a decent pair of stands and attach a larger top plate (wood, metal or granite) to them, they are heavy enough to remain stable.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Moorhouses said:
Hi All,

Thanks.

My Atacama SL600i stands have a toplate measuring 225mm x 225mm and a baseplate of 305mm x 305mm.

They are still not 'ideal' for you but more stable than what you have now. They cost between £155 - £179 depending on colour.

There are also SL200i and SL300i etc. etc. all the way from 200mm up to 1m in height. (In case your bigger speakers need lower stands.)

Moorhouses

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, appreciate it.

I did look at the SL400i's, but for the sake of 25mm either side, I don't think it's going to add that much stability...? Am I just being paranoid with my current stands? They're solid and can take up to 50kg, so weight isn't an issue.

I will look into adapting them as per your suggestion, failing that - I may just 'risk' it...? After all, I don't have any kids running around.

Moorhouses

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
Excellent, thanks guys.

I'll go with the BluTak route and possibly weigh down the bases further. No kids to worry about, but have a daft little dog which I will be keeping a close eye on.

Thanks for the advice.

Moorhouses said:
Excellent, thanks guys.

I'll go with the BluTak route and possibly weigh down the bases further. No kids to worry about, but have a daft little dog which I will be keeping a close eye on.

Thanks for the advice.

No problems. You didn't actually state what sort of floor these stands are on. If you then stand on the baseplate can help spikes sink in for higher stability. If not you could possibly remove them altogether if it creates a firmer support.

FWIW dogs are far less likely to push against stands than little children.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts