Speaker Recommendation - Sonos Play5 Alternative???

KTrac22

Aug 3, 2020
Visit site
I am looking for a speaker that I can play music on via bluetooth, is some what portable and can hook up to a projector to watch movies on via an Aux cord. We thought the Sonos Play5 would be perfect but there is a sound delay when hooked up to the projector which makes movie watching unbearable. Any recs on something like the Play5?

D

Deleted member 116933

Hi there, just a thought, is there not an audio delay setting within the Sonos app? Think it can be found under the home theatre settings

Other than that do you have a budge in mind?

KTrac22

Aug 3, 2020
Visit site
I spoke with Sonos support and they determined there wasnt anything they could do about it. We are using a projector that is a few years old with a firestick to stream movies. I would prefer to spend $500 or less.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Have a look at audio pro speakers they should work nicely for you although again no audio delay option.

Bit big tick for sound quality, size and portability.

Try and buy one of the bluetooth speakers then you can try connecting by bluetooth directly to the fire tv stick which from memory i'm sure you can do as i used to do it with the cube although also found sound out of synch depending on what was being watched, the audio pro would also have an aux in depending on model some offer both 3.5mm and rca inputs for connecting to the projector if it offers audio out directly. A number also offer a sub out if you decide you need more low end grunt for movies.

Guessing because you put $ you are in the US - link for US site offering some big discounts at present - https://us.audiopro.com/shop/

I own a Drumfire, the sub is great but a fairly big unit, you can split the top off so could leave sub with projector and move top part of speaker around house for music and a C5A Addon - has built in Alexa for ease.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts