Speaker Package for Denon 1910

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi I am getting the new Denon AVR1910 amp and I was deciding what speaker package to go for. I have narrowed it down to these three, and was just wanting to know which you think is best.

KEF KHT3005SE

MONITOR AUDIO R90 HD10

B&W MT-25

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Their all good speakers and worth a listen, your choice may depend on ease of fixing to walls or stands etc, but my choice on quality and upgradeability would be the Monitor Audio's, but it might be worth a look at Hi-Spek for some good Deals on Denon and Kef packages. One package stands out for me is the Denon avr 2310 and Kef Kht3005se for £1559.99, i feel you will get more out of the speakers with the next step up in ampage try and Audition if you can.

wireman

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
I recently bought the Denon 2310 and KEF3005SE package lobby refers to, but it's too early to pass comment - it needs a good thrashing for a couple of hundred hours before it'll give of its best, so I can't yet pass comment. But I wanted to mention that Denon's UK web-site is (at the time of this writing) hideously misleading as to the 2310's specs - there are a number of errors there (it states that it has MultiEQ XT, 2 x USB connections, the nicer RC-1068 remote, an Aluminium front panel - none of which are true), and also don't be misled by our American neighbours comments/reviews of the 2310CI (the US version), which is a different animal to our UK counterpart (a glance at the back panel on the Denon US web-site will show you why). Just be careful if you do decide to investigate the 2310 further - although the published specs are confused, and it's early days yet, but the 2310 appears a worthy step-up from the 1910 and seems well judged to me if this one here is anything to go by.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Last weekend, I demo'd the AVR1910, expecting to buy it as an improvement to my Onkyo 606.

Before buying, I asked the assistant to hear the AVR2310 to judge for myself what another £300-£350 gives in terms of improvements to sound quality.

Needless to say, I now have the 2310 sitting in my lounge!! The wife and I both looked at each other in amazement when the 2310 was hooked up and playing for the first time. (Straight after the 1910)

I would agree that it's a major step up in SQ from the 1910, and worth the extra money. If I were you, I would go listen for yourself, but if your on a budget, prepare yourself to buy the Denon 2310, and find a cheaper speaker package!!

Maybe the KEF 2005.3 eggs? Or maybe these:

http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/3322

( Or save up a bit longer!!)

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all your advice, but I am now thinking of going for the B&W MT-30. The reason for this is I want a speaker package that looks as good as the KEF KHT300SE, sounds as good with movies but better with music than the KEFS. Do you think B&W MT-30 are better and worth the extra money over the KEF KHT300SE and Monitor Audio R90?

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
I would go for the MT30 or even the MT25, those are the ones that I am looking at. They sound superb in the demo room i ventured in

A

Anonymous

I took Pistol Pete's advise and went for the denon 2310, I am still trying to decide what speakers to go for. I have listened to the Mt30 with the 2310 and it sounded very good but I have not been able to demo the KEF KHT3005SE with the 2310. What speakers will work best with my amp and give the best sound. Are the B&W M1 Sats better than the KEFS or is it just that the PV1 sub is better than the Kef Sub, as I could Buy the PV1 sub and the Kef Sats. The speakers will be mostly for watching movies but I would listen to music sometimes. Please advise

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Me? I'd for the B&Ws but you really ought to try and listen to the KEFs yourself to make sure you're happy paying the extra. Do you own the Denon amp now? If so, my guess is you probably had trouble locating a dealer who stocked both KEF and Denon? If so, the simple solution to this now is to take your amp along to a KEF dealer...

tigetspill

Aug 15, 2009
Visit site
I have been asking a similar questin on various forums and the common wisdom seems to be that the MA R90 HD10 is a better buy than the KEFs. Not sure about the B&Ws as thay are way out of my price range (I am getting a great deal on the MAs (though WHF gave them best buy last month).

I havent had one single person to date recommend the KEFs (2005/3005) over the MAs.

wireman

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Al2009:

I took Pistol Pete's advise and went for the denon 2310, I am still trying to decide what speakers to go for. I have listened to the Mt30 with the 2310 and it sounded very good but I have not been able to demo the KEF KHT3005SE with the 2310. What speakers will work best with my amp and give the best sound. Are the B&W M1 Sats better than the KEFS or is it just that the PV1 sub is better than the Kef Sub, as I could Buy the PV1 sub and the Kef Sats. The speakers will be mostly for watching movies but I would listen to music sometimes. Please advise

It's just a preference thing - my preference was for the KEF3005SE with the Denon 2310 (I have a separate hi-fi for music). What I didn't like about the B&W packages was the centre speaker seemed a bit 'thin' with dialogue to me, whereas the KEF's centre is beefed up and sounded much fuller. To me, the KEF is a more diffuse sound (better for movies), and the B&W more focused (better for music). You have to listen to decide - they're both good, just with different strengths and a bit different in character. What ultimately swung it for me was the hi-spek deal (Denon2310+KEF3005SE together for £1,559) - it just made the 2310/B&W combination way too expensive for a system that wasn't really any better (so it seemed to me).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts