David140371

May 8, 2024
Visit site
Does anyone have the frequency range of these speakers. I owned a pair between 1989 and 2001. They were sort of the benchmark to compare with for the balance of sound I try to achieve. Any answers welcome. Thanks.

Does anyone have the frequency range of these speakers. I owned a pair between 1989 and 2001. They were sort of the benchmark to compare with for the balance of sound I try to achieve. Any answers welcome. Thanks.
Not specifically but I would guess pretty much the same as the 4O2's :-
Description: Three-way loudspeaker system in sealed enclosure. Crossover frequencies: 750Hz, 5kHz. Frequency response: 55HZ–20kHz, ±5dB. Sensitivity: 88dB/2.83V/m

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Slightly off topic…
I must admit I sometimes hanker after the GS401’s, the ones with the chrome end caps. I remember being quite impressed by them at the time, but it’s probably a case of nostalgia and rose-tinted glasses.

Reactions: Al ears
Slightly off topic…
I must admit I sometimes hanker after the GS401’s, the ones with the chrome end caps. I remember being quite impressed by them at the time, but it’s probably a case of nostalgia and rose-tinted glasses.
I had a mate that owned a pair and recall them being more style than substance.
He did like flamboyant hifi components rather than the sound they produced.
That said I would have loved to have owned his Lecson amps....

Welcome, David. Unfortunately, in the nicest possible way, the question you ask isn’t giving you the solution you imagine. It’s a bit like asking the 0-60 mph time of a car to determine how comfortably it rides. The frequency range tells you nothing about its character or presentation. Even an expert look at a frequency response graph will only give you a hint, really.

There’s a pair for sale, just £75.

The advert implies this was still ‘proper’ Gale, so I’d expect decent sound, though not from an ancient pair. More productive would be an appointment at a Hifi store to hear a few options within your budget.

Reactions: DougK1

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts