SPEAKER CHOICE

jeffro

Jan 5, 2008
Visit site
Hi Guys

I am now looking to complete my system with a new pair of speakers

I mainly listen to dance/DJ mixes and the speakers will initially be in the conservatory for a couple of years,then in my second living room which is about 15'x10' feet dimensions with laminate flooring

I was thinking initially at standmounters like the Kef Q300,M/A Bronze BX2

Then when i take into account a new set of stands my head starts to look at floorstanders

I have seen the Tannoy Revolution DC6T for £579, but my head is turned by the Epos Epic 5 at £750

£750 would be my limit

I believe Doug Brady Hi Fi say the Epos are the best floorstander under £1000

I know you will all say go and demo but any advice would be very welcome

Many thanks

Hi jeffro

I think that you should also look at Monitor Audio's Silver RX6's as these also work well with the Marantz PM6004/CD6004 combination and the Silver RX6's will also suit the genre of music that you listen to :)

http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/silver-rx/rx6/

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
You are on the right track. I'm also buyer of floor standers and Epos Epic 5 and monitor audio RX6 are the top of my list, you must do an audition. I don't know why what hi fi mag has not yet done a test with 5 epic ...

Cheers

jeffro

Jan 5, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Hi-Fi Outlaw

Yes,WE will have to audition these two speakers

Perhaps some other members have auditioned these, a winner anybody?

All subjective i know with the different amps and sources

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
You are on the right track. I'm also buyer of floor standers and Epos Epic 5 and monitor audio RX6 are the top of my list, you must do an audition. I don't know why what hi fi mag has not yet done a test with 5 epic ...

Cheers

T

the record spot

I wouldn't ditch the Tannoy option; if they're anything like the DC4 Revolution I use, you'd want to hear them if only to discount them. Fantastic little speaker and I imagine the DC6T would have similar characteristics.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts