Speaker Cable Help

mrgeee

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
r|(

Hi I'm looking for help on speaker cables. I want a good allround mid level cable. Used to have some old linn k400 cables, weighed loads ( my mrs was forever moaning they were a pain to dust..lol) Seen some Chord Company Carnival SilverScreen or QED Revelation, would these compare to the Linn's or better/worse etc.. Thanks System is Arcam Alpha 8 amp Arcam Alpha 8 power amp Arcam Alpha 8se cd Monitor Audio RX6's

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
The Linn is a good "no nonsense" copper cable, so the Chord would be the closest to this (no silver coating).

I would stay clear of the QED, which is silver coated and may sound too bright.

IMO. Other brands to consider would be Atlas and Telurium Q.

A

Anonymous

That will save him some cash Rick! I agree.

Merry Christmas by the way....are you closing for Christmas Day?
smiley-tongue-out.gif

mrgeee

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys

Thanks for the help....

I guess its because of the system that i have ( iknow its old)

I didn't realise i'd be going over kill on the QED or Chord leads....

If i upgraded to a Cyrus 6SE cd & 6xp amp in the future would that be worth the better cable?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
mrgeee said:
Hi guys

Thanks for the help....

I guess its because of the system that i have ( iknow its old)

I didn't realise i'd be going over kill on the QED or Chord leads....

If i upgraded to a Cyrus 6SE cd & 6xp amp in the future would that be worth the better cable?

I didn't say that, as I happen to believe that it is worth getting something like the Chord Silver Screen. Can you borrow some and try for yourself, as opinion is divided on this question (to say the least).

Hi mrgeee

Standard speaker cables will be more than good enough for your existing components and these cables will also easily accomodate many future component upgrades :)

Fwiw, a system i recently used had a Chord Electronics QBD76 DAC > basic interconnect > Densen B-175 Plus amplifier > standard speaker cables > Monitor Audio Silver RX6's.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts