Speaker cable for kef ls50?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
It's worth pointing out that those prices are per pair before criticising them.

I watched the YouTube video and - even on my laptop's built-in speakers - it was the best sound I have ever heard.

Now I can sell my system and just listen to YouTube Nordost cable demos. That is epic value-for-money.

The music? Who gives a #### whether I like the music or not? I'm getting the sound of £20,000 cables on a laptop speaker!!! That's got to be enough for anyone. (Unless you've got £20,000 for the real thing.)

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
chebby said:

I watched the YouTube video and - even on my laptop's built-in speakers - it was the best sound I have ever heard.

Now I can sell my system and just listen to YouTube Nordost cable demos. That is epic value-for-money.

The music? Who gives a #### whether I like the music or not? I'm getting the sound of £20,000 cables on a laptop speaker!!! That's got to be enough for anyone. (Unless you've got £20,000 for the real thing.)

They are silly expensive - on magico speakers which are silly expensive and using silly expensive kit - which all must sell. Just because its crazy expensive doesnt mean its not all amazing

I would put a bet on that system being the most realistic by miles if not one of the most realistic anyone has ever heard inc me.

Whether that makes them worth £20k is up the buyer - but look at the reaction from the people listening who are industry reviewer type people you can tell - its at the end of the video - says it all

Watching videos like on a laptop speaker is pointless - plug some decent headphones into a decent soundcard and you get a taste - you can tell its Serious SQ

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
It really does stretch the imagination when subtle sound differences can be heard when the sound is picked up by a microphone, recorded, uploaded at YouTube resolution and played through (in my case) tiny tablet speakers. Were I in the audience (and made sure there was no 'naughty adjustements' then OK. But this kind of demo is ridiculous. Even a simple scientific experiment would confirm this claimed improvement but have they or any other manufacturers done this?

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
ellisdj said:
chebby said:

They are silly expensive - on magico speakers which are silly expensive and using silly expensive kit - which all must sell. Just because its crazy expensive doesnt mean its not all amazing

I would put a bet on that system being the most realistic by miles if not one of the most realistic anyone has ever heard inc me.

Whether that makes them worth £20k is up the buyer - but look at the reaction from the people listening who are industry reviewer type people you can tell - its at the end of the video - says it all

Watching videos like on a laptop speaker is pointless - plug some decent headphones into a decent soundcard and you get a taste - you can tell its Serious SQ

Who would spend £800 on speakers and £20,000 on blinking cable?

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Robin made the comment what are 20k odins like.

That video is the closest most of us will ever get to knowing.
The lucky people who attend those hifi shows will get to hear properly

I was trying to do him a favour but it's never seen like that.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
ellisdj said:
RobinKidderminster said:
What will my system sound like with these £20000+ babies?

http://www.highendcable.co.uk/Nordost%20ODIN%20Speaker%20Cable.htm

Hi Robin

You wanted to hear what Odin will do to a system - this will give you an idea. I bet most realistic sound ever - can even tell from the video

Watch the video to the end ;)
Yes second cable was by far more realistic. Am sure anyone can even tell the difference in a blind test. Only one problem, the video was not continuous.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Native_bon said:
ellisdj said:
RobinKidderminster said:
What will my system sound like with these £20000+ babies?

http://www.highendcable.co.uk/Nordost%20ODIN%20Speaker%20Cable.htm

Hi Robin

You wanted to hear what Odin will do to a system - this will give you an idea. I bet most realistic sound ever - can even tell from the video

Watch the video to the end ;)
Yes second cable was by far more realistic. Am sure anyone can even tell the difference in a blind test. Only one problem, the video was not continuous.

I dont think it mattered what version of Odin they used - I was talking about the system in general, the Odin cabling being a part of that - watched enough of those videos to know - quite a lot of the videoa sound the same / very similar - some you can hear just how outstanding it would be in real life. Lucly people get to hear that - even luckier get to own.

I am aiming to attend Munich next year to do so for myself

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
@native-bon

I do hope u r not suggesting any fraudulent activity during the break in the video???

I am so glad I didn't waste 1000's on Odin 1 - rubbish cables - but waited for Odin 2.

More seriously, whilst I can understand, tho not necessarily agree with, some personal 'experiences', I do not understand those who accept without qquestion, what is seen on the webinet. I should leave it there because I've just won £1m on some Internet lottery and I need to go buy some larger since its the best in the world. (Probably)

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
RobinKidderminster said:
I do hope u r not suggesting any fraudulent activity during the break in the video???

I do love the extreme pessimism of the people on here -

Like Nordost need to do that / would do that for a guy running a site / you tube channel that gets a thousand or so watches per video. Its hardly major advertising. Videos of Kids playing with Thomas the Tank Engine toys get about 100,00 times that interest to put into perspective.

Nordost to brain thinking

" Hold on if we change the mic location on the sly someone will be fooled and instantly buy these £20k cables" Come on

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Not wishing to be provocative. Just a giggle at the super-rich I guess. Advice is often 10% budget on cables so with these 'beasts' at £20k I guess total cable spend might be around £100k in a decent cinema system (?). So total system cost around £1m. Just trying to think of matching system components at this budget. Light hearted - really. :)

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
RobinKidderminster said:
Not wishing to be provocative. Just a giggle at the super-rich I guess. Advice is often 10% budget on cables so with these 'beasts' at £20k I guess total cable spend might be around £100k in a decent cinema system (?). So total system cost around £1m. Just trying to think of matching system components at this budget. Light hearted - really. :)

Take your pick. Clicky

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
RobinKidderminster said:

Thinking of this for my next AV system *dirol*

(only 1 mile of cable needed)

DTS_HeadphoneX_Photo_Room.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts