Speaker cable - Aside from thickness, does it really matter?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Reijer

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Maybe it is not the conductor but the insulation that makes a difference. Or a combination of those two. The better the insulation the less interferance with other (wireless) signals like WiFi of electro-magnetic distortion.

Reijer said:
Maybe it is not the conductor but the insulation that makes a difference. Or a combination of those two. The better the insulation the less interferance with other (wireless) signals like WiFi of electro-magnetic distortion.
A perfectly reasonable idea. Until you think about all the other cables, in particular the mess inside your amplifier and source(s). And even inside the speaker, from crossover to drive unit. Then the logic seems hard to pursue.

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
Forum acting funny for me----

If opinions were respected, not necessarily agreed with, this cable thng and every other question about gear would get various inputs without the smart comments and the OP could/would decide for themselves maybe with audition or not.

I don't believe a well made copper cable that costs 10 pounds meter makes hifi sound different than a well made copper cable that costs 200 pounds a meter....

But if John Doe hears a difference maybe OP will and who am I to say they are wrong.It's nice to be right of course, but different folks different strokes

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts